Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Numanoid wrote:Noting for reference that Minimal System Group allow license transfer, their procedure as stated in EULA:
License transfers are permitted although the buyer and/or seller will need to contact http://minimalsystem.com (http://minimalsystem.com) before this process takes place. We will then confirm the transfer process with you, the standard procedure is for the buyer to pay a £5.00 transfer fee so that we can issue them with the latest version(s) of the software being transferred and also update our systems.

I note that the Minimal System website is not around, but you can still get their plugins via PluginBoutique and other vendors.

I purchased the entire suite of plugins a long time ago, and as I am retiring I would like to know if I can transfer these to someone else? As the website is down I am assuming I cannot get the installers as well?
I'm not happy...

try: http://www.studio-toolz.com/ - AFAIK that's their new name ;-)

...apart from: "who wants 32-bit plugins anyway?" :D :clown: :party: :dog:

I see - nice to know that they keep old customers in the loop. Thanks for the info.
I have 64-bit plugins and older 32-bit plugins that are bridged, so I'm not sure what you are getting at. Some older stuff still works nicely.
I'm not happy...

MrGrumpy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Noting for reference that Minimal System Group allow license transfer, their procedure as stated in EULA:
License transfers are permitted although the buyer and/or seller will need to contact http://minimalsystem.com before this process takes place. We will then confirm the transfer process with you, the standard procedure is for the buyer to pay a £5.00 transfer fee so that we can issue them with the latest version(s) of the software being transferred and also update our systems.

I note that the Minimal System website is not around, but you can still get their plugins via PluginBoutique and other vendors.

I purchased the entire suite of plugins a long time ago, and as I am retiring I would like to know if I can transfer these to someone else? As the website is down I am assuming I cannot get the installers as well?
I feel somewhat scammed. I've purchased quite a bit of their stuff over the years --when they have insane deals. Now they've changed their website and I cannot get into my account....so no access to my purchased products? I've contacted the customer support but I never hear anything back. It's now the 2nd time I contacted them about this. Thieves or incompetent. Take your pick.

No Sonic Limits wrote:Bought the full Output-package 3 weeks ago, but it's really not for me.
Can't find anywhere that states it's possible to transfer the license.

I've seen license transfers for sale here in the forum - can anyone guide me in the direction of the right steps to take?

Would appreciate it,
Lars
If you contact them directly they may be able to make an exception. They generally don't allow it, however. And as I understand it, if you purchased their products as a package, you would have to sell them to someone as a package as well.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Sibelius19 wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:
License transfers are permitted although the buyer and/or seller will need to contact http://minimalsystem.com (http://minimalsystem.com) before this process takes place. We will then confirm the transfer process with you, the standard procedure is for the buyer to pay a £5.00 transfer fee so that we can issue them with the latest version(s) of the software being transferred and also update our systems.

I feel somewhat scammed. I've purchased quite a bit of their stuff over the years --when they have insane deals. Now they've changed their website and I cannot get into my account....so no access to my purchased products? I've contacted the customer support but I never hear anything back. It's now the 2nd time I contacted them about this. Thieves or incompetent. Take your pick.
I have given up at this point, but I often have the last laugh when developers piss me off...
I'm not happy...

db3 wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:I discovered Pluginboutique does not allow license transfers, though their site DOES mention that you can "gift" someone a product by creating an account and then giving it to them. I would assume that would make it "ok" to sell your account, but it would still have your name attached to the licenses, even if all of the personal info changed.
Indeed, very disappointed to learn this today. Plugin Boutique are the first soft synth developer I've found to turn down a licence transfer request. Annoyingly I'm also having issues using their product.
Does that apply to all plugins bought via PluginBoutique site, regardless the manufacturer? Or only PB specific plugins?

Topten Software
(Maker of Cantabile, live performance VST host)

Cantabile version 3 licenses are transferable with a simple email to support (Brad).

No fee, No NFR. :tu:

However, older version 2 licenses do become NFR after a resale.

pawel12 wrote:
db3 wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:I discovered Pluginboutique does not allow license transfers, though their site DOES mention that you can "gift" someone a product by creating an account and then giving it to them. I would assume that would make it "ok" to sell your account, but it would still have your name attached to the licenses, even if all of the personal info changed.
Indeed, very disappointed to learn this today. Plugin Boutique are the first soft synth developer I've found to turn down a licence transfer request. Annoyingly I'm also having issues using their product.
Does that apply to all plugins bought via PluginBoutique site, regardless the manufacturer? Or only PB specific plugins?
Just their software. I've been able to transfer software TAL licenses on my plugin boutique account to someone else. Just not virtualCZ.

Dada Life (Tailored Noise) plugins are NFR.

Do you guys know if Solid State Logic plugins are transferable? I searched this thread and couldn't find any mentions.
Edit: I've checked in SSL's website, but the info there is useless... I'm rather mad at them at this point...
Edit2: it's possible through iLok, but you are required to ask for their permission! They don't mention any fees, though. If you have more info let me know. :wink:
Edit3: You all may know this, but it looks like I'd have to pay $25 to iLok to make the transfer. I'm trying to transfer a $15 plugin, so I think I just threw $15 away.

It's not nearly as bad as all that. You only threw $10 away... ;)

e@rs wrote:Dada Life (Tailored Noise) plugins are NFR.
Has it been changed? Because I purchased Sausage Fattener from a KVR member 1-2 years ago.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

^I asked TN a few days ago. NFR they said.

How long does it take for Izotope to transfer license? Ive sent an request 3 days ago and nothing happened!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”