Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

....And I just now got the installer serial numbers at my gmail account.

So far, it looks like this is an entirely legit deal, not just some sort of odd mistake on CW's part.

Greylion, did you get serials for all of them? I only rec'd serials for FX1 and FX2 so far (a couple hours ago).

EDIT: nevermind - they're in my "Registrations List" in my CW account.

lates

t-willy

Good job to oktay_ahiska and Anahat for discovering these deals. SFZ+ would be interesting but as everyone else the link is bad. I just installed FX pack 1 and they look like they came straight from Windows 3.1 :hihi: Haven't tried the sound yet but I imagine it's on par with the gui. Looks like Cakewalk is doing some goodwill house cleaning.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

In regards to the FX1 and FX2 packs.
Versions of the plug-ins that are in the FX1 and FX2 pack come with Sonar at least the PE versions. I checked Sonar 6PE and 8.5PE (on two different DAWs) and they're in both..

The versions are not exactly the same the ones installed on my Sonar 8.5 PE installation are newer and of different size. I don't think the ones included with Sonar are bound to Sonar use only (I seem to recall using the Amp plug-in in Reaper one time) but I might be mistaken.

These are DX plug-ins and when installed will replace any previous versions installed on your system. So perhaps a word of caution if you are already using these in any of your projects.

* Edit *
The amp plug-in is underrated. Its has low CPU usage - I've used it while brain storming guitar parts in Sonar. I've had 6 or more instances running live in the FX bin of various tracks (I always record my guitar dry/unamped). When I tried that with any other ampsims unless I constantly freeze tracks things start to lock up pretty fast.
Later I'll replace the amp plug-in with a Line6, Guitar Rig etc. But there have been a couple of songs where I ended up keeping it in - just have to add the effects via other plug-ins. It only has a couple of tones that I like, but when played against bass & drums they're not bad and sometimes when tracking that's all you need.

...Steven
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

Hello all,

I'm looking for the cheapest way to get Melodyne Editor, since they've discontinued student discounts on it :(

So far the cheapest I could find it for would be to get Melodyne Plugin for $229 at audiomidi, which should come with a free upgrade...

Also, here's a plan:

Buy Melodyne Assitant from SamAsh -> $150 after coupon

Buy Assistant->Editor upgrade from Sweetwater for $80... there's $230 for a boxed copy...

Anybody seen it cheaper somewhere after coupons and such?

Justin Aiken wrote:Anybody seen it cheaper somewhere after coupons and such?
Occasionally it comes up for sale in the Marketplace here. I'd post a WTB ad for it first and see if you can't get it for cheaper. I paid $200 for mine with a coupon at MF. Actually, if samash.com has it, try the FREE50 code and see if that gets you $50.00 off the price.

Justin Aiken wrote:Hello all,

I'm looking for the cheapest way to get Melodyne Editor, since they've discontinued student discounts on it :(
Did they discontinue all educational discounts? I was going to pick up Studio edu and get Editor DNA that way.

-- N

Lots of places have the Studio Educational left in stock, which should come with the DNA upgrade... but those run $300-$350...

When I bought ProTools 8 it came with Melodyne Uno, which I was able to upgrade to Melodyne plugin for $150 (which now upgrades to Melodyne Editor for free)...

GreyLion wrote:I just now got the email -- Sam Ash is doing another deal for $50 off of any purchase of $150. Go to www.samash.com , place your order and use the code 'FREE50' during checkout.

Last time around, this was useful for getting the Komplete 6 upgrade from K5, for $100: http://www.samash.com/p/KOMPLETE%206%20 ... _-49954227

There are likely other deals that get irresistible with this, depending on your needs. The sweet spot on price is right at $150 in total purchases, of course, as that's where you get the maximum 33-1/3% discount.

This promo ends on Monday, November 23 at midnight EST.
I just got an e-mail from Sam Ash as well but it is for a $50 Gift Certificate with a purchase of $150. Did we get different e-mails? (I like yours better). :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
I just got an e-mail from Sam Ash as well but it is for a $50 Gift Certificate with a purchase of $150. Did we get different e-mails? (I like yours better). :hihi:
Well, rats...

You and songshark are absolutely correct. I read through the email too quickly, racing to the part at the bottom where it says you type in the promo code and you will see $50 deducted from your total. And missing that you have to put $150 worth of purchases in your cart, then add a $50 gift certificate. Which will then have its cost subtracted from the total.

My bad, guys! :oops:

It ends up still being 25% off, unless I've screwed the math up again. Which is nice. But not as nice as 33%. And you end up having a minimum cash outlay of $150, rather than $100. Grrr...

Hey GreyLion, with all the great bargains you've brought us over the years you're allowed a misread or two. :hihi:

Actually I was hoping it was me that read it wrong. :D

Ditto on that greylion. I have definitely taken advantage of your eagle eye for bargains and have greatly benefitted from your efforts here. Cheers!

Teksonik wrote:Hey GreyLion, with all the great bargains you've brought us over the years you're allowed a misread or two. :hihi:

Actually I was hoping it was me that read it wrong. :D
:D

:oops: Thanks, guys....

I seem to screw up here once or twice a year on average. I'd like to get that number lower, but sometimes I get a little too excited at the killer deal...

I was gonna get the $49 Antares Harmony EFX and a $100 cajon on this one, but now I have to consider whether I want to change that, maybe get a better $159 cajon, then use the gift certificate for the Harmony EFX. Or just step away from the deal.

Got a day or so to decide, I guess.

Teksonik wrote:
Meffy wrote:The original Bargain Center thread has got so long that it nearly locked up my browser when I went to split off a small digression into its own thread. Therefore I'm starting this New Bargain Center. Feel free to repeat recent, still-valid bargains from that thread if you like.

The original thread is here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139692
Would be nice to have a separate thread for discussions and one for just posting bargains, nothing else. Perhaps not possible but would be nice...........
I would like them separated for vendors and KVR members.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”