Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

El°HYM wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:37 pm
illwillis wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:33 pm
El°HYM wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:18 pm Regarding Vouchers, in this case Plugin Alliance:

Does anyone actually still use them?
Not me. The shift to subs and the voucher minimum made me more conscious of how little PA stuff I actually use. I'd say I'm much more judicious with my PA spending and rarely enticed by the things I don't actually need. I think PA shot themselves in the foot with people who spent lots of money with them and chased sales without considering the product they were even buying.
Pretty much sums it up & My thoughts. Thanks!
+1
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

illwillis wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:33 pm
El°HYM wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:18 pm Regarding Vouchers, in this case Plugin Alliance:

Does anyone actually still use them?
Not me. The shift to subs and the voucher minimum made me more conscious of how little PA stuff I actually use. I'd say I'm much more judicious with my PA spending and rarely enticed by the things I don't actually need. I think PA shot themselves in the foot with people who spent lots of money with them and chased sales without considering the product they were even buying.
I did some plugin hoarding when I got their stuff cheap with their vouchers. I don't use them. I did get Thorn for $25. Waves and PA are ones I avoid because anymore. I'm still a sucker for IK's group buys and Melda. Sometimes it's not about the quality but the quantity when your DAW claims you have 1200 plugins. I'm glad I don't get their vouchers since I'd be repeating the same thing over.

Yeah, I’m kind of done with PA as well. The sales were fun but ultimately a waste of time. Luckily I was able to sell off the plugins for about the same I paid for them.

Buying second hand and registering two plugins ($32) with a 25 voucher (making your transfer fee $7) seems to be the way to go now.

I gather it's a regular occurrence at even lower prices but the entire Sample From Mars library is $39.

Does anyone actually still use them? Just asking because I kind of dont want to use my 25er just to support Dirk for no reason, except another Plug I might never use (All prices are 49.99 now) so there's not quite a real deal here anymore. I know they changed it months ago, because people selling & getting plugs for like 14.99 and such (like me).
I think they have some stuff that's pretty good for (50-25=)25 bucks, even if it's not as good a price as they've had previously. I pity those who get the "better" vouchers though, they're pretty much worthless now.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

El°HYM wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:18 pm Does anyone actually still use them?
I used one to get DSM3. It had never been priced that low before and I had been planning to get it for a long while. But you are right, where I was willing to buy something that I may not use, $25 isn't in dalliance territory for me.

There isn't anything in their entire portfolio on my list now, which is also an argument against subscribing for me. I did a cost analysis. What I spent with them is equal to 94.1% of the subscription cost over the same amount of time. And since my toolbox has reached saturation the ratio will decrease even further.

I actually did pull the trigger on #BF & bought Triad & Byome for $25 each; before that Thorn for about the same amount, I believe. All very worth it & a good deal & no pun intended against their plugs (Some are still Top Notch). But for the regular monthly - voucher thing (as mentioned by many above) it is totally useless now & kind of obsolete.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Following Brexit, I presume, Thomann seem to changed their UK site with fixed GBP pricing and free shipping on orders over £99.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

khanyz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:37 am Following Brexit, I presume, Thomann seem to changed their UK site with fixed GBP pricing and free shipping on orders over £99.
Thanks for the heads up. Decent prices, especially with free delivery.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

if anyone has a spare iLok code for Nembrini Phazevibe they could sell me for $30 please let me know. I missed the sale deadline unfortunately. cheers :)

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:39 pm
khanyz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:37 am Following Brexit, I presume, Thomann seem to changed their UK site with fixed GBP pricing and free shipping on orders over £99.
Thanks for the heads up. Decent prices, especially with free delivery.
Yes, particularly in pedals. The Friedman Fuzz pedal is only £109 delivered.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

sqigls wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:22 pm if anyone has a spare iLok code for Nembrini Phazevibe they could sell me for $30 please let me know. I missed the sale deadline unfortunately. cheers :)
Unfortunately not; yet I have a Question about Nembrini & their iLock - Licensing, as I own an older #freebie from them called 'LofiClipper' which is actually pretty good. The thing that bothers me, or I never figured out; is to use it without a Cloudsession or physical iLock-device... is this also possible to activate on a Machine/Computer via the iLockmanager/online Thing? Hope that makes sense; maybe its not even possible at all. tnx

I've got the PSA1000 and it's licence shows iLok2 dongle, machine ID and cloud as possible activations.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:42 pm I've got the PSA1000 and it's licence shows iLok2 dongle, machine ID and cloud as possible activations.
Yepp, I kind of got that far & tried to activate a machine ID but then it somehow only works via cloud-session or asks for a Dongle. Did you manage your PSA1000 to activate via machine ID? Could be a user fault from my side somehow, not sure; yet also the only one I have this prob with.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”