Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:19 am 30% off all iZotope upgrades, including Music Production Suite 3 Upgrade from MPS 2.1 for $209.30:

https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-softwa ... e=1&type=2
For the PPS4 upgrades that price is actually lower than the intro loyalty offer and that pretty much exactly on the day the intro loyalty offer ended. Just saying... ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

This more funny and sad than a bargain, so it's here rather than the other place. Soundcloud has sent an email to subscribers on the Pro level with a bunch of discount codes. One of them is 10% off Waves with the code, wait for it...YNY23. Yes, the one that even lost tribes know. But, if you hadn't already seen cclarry post this umpteen times (not a complaint BTW), there it is.

Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:00 am Black 76 Limiting Amplifier (FET Compressor/Limiter) by IK Multimedia – FREE DOWNLOAD!
Timeless, Classic Compression now $0.00 for a Limited Time!

We are back again with a blockbuster FREEBIE! For just 2 weeks, get IK Multimedia’s Black 76 Limiting Amplifier for FREE (normally $99.99).
Guess there's no way to register this into my account without installing all that ik crap?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:32 pm
Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:00 am Black 76 Limiting Amplifier (FET Compressor/Limiter) by IK Multimedia – FREE DOWNLOAD!
Timeless, Classic Compression now $0.00 for a Limited Time!

We are back again with a blockbuster FREEBIE! For just 2 weeks, get IK Multimedia’s Black 76 Limiting Amplifier for FREE (normally $99.99).
Guess there's no way to register this into my account without installing all that ik crap?
Unfortunately not. But you can register it and then uninstall the IK app.

Does registering to the account even need the app? I would have thought the serial is assigned when you take it to checkout and it will simply appear in your online account. You need that serial to authorise it in the app in any case.

You normally get an email that says something like:

"Thank you for registering your Product X. You can now also download a free Product X which has been automatically registered to your account.

Your Product X serial number is TCblah-blah-blah"

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:13 pm Does registering to the account even need the app? I would have thought the serial is assigned when you take it to checkout and it will simply appear in your online account.
It's a web shop, not IK's site, who is offering the free copy.
So one still needs to register with IK somehow (I did so using the app).

kitekrazy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:59 am
Examigan wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 pm I just received a $100 Amazon gift card. Are any synth or other plugin deals actually from legit places on Amazon?
Some sites now have something called Amazon Pay.
Anyone know of any sites with that Amazon Pay feature?

cptgone wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:38 pm It's a web shop, not IK's site, who is offering the free copy.
So one still needs to register with IK somehow (I did so using the app).
Normally what happens with APD is they give you a voucher code that you use at the supplier's web store to order. But I stand corrected: APD give you the serial in this case (having just tried it for shits and giggles).

IK used to have a website form where you could register software codes (that I haven't used for some time) but that seems to be hardware only now. So, yep, it's the authorisation app. Though it's hardly the biggest download ever. Also, if you don't want to install IK software in the first place, why bother about registering the code? Why not just take a chance on it being cancelled if the plan is simply to pass it on to someone else at a later stage. If it's not registered, there won't be a transfer fee (though I guess there is a risk IK will cancel unregistered serials after some period of time).

Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm Anyone know of any sites with that Amazon Pay feature?
Soundiron accepts it. That's the only one I can recall clearly seeing it.

I'm sure I've seen it at one or two of the third-party payment hosts like Gumroad - but having checked it's not Gumroad.

Thanks! I just found that Audiare has it on their site. Still checking around the net.

I found one more: Sam Ash

Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm
kitekrazy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:59 am
Examigan wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 pm I just received a $100 Amazon gift card. Are any synth or other plugin deals actually from legit places on Amazon?
Some sites now have something called Amazon Pay.
Anyone know of any sites with that Amazon Pay feature?
They don't let you use any Gift Card balance with Amazon Pay on third party sites, straight from the Amazon Pay Help Page.

Don't expect this when using Amazon Pay

When making a payment or donation, you cannot use an Amazon.com Gift Card for purchases and donations directly with third-party merchants and charitable organizations. A third-party website or seller that suggests payment or donation using an Amazon.com Gift Card is not a legitimate Amazon Pay merchant or charitable organization.

You will never receive an invoice from Amazon Pay asking for payment using Amazon.com Gift Cards.

So even if I added the amount into my Amazon account from the card, and then go to a site and pay (with Amazon Pay) it won’t work? I am not directly trying to pay with a gift card on a 3rd party site.

Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:46 pm So even if I added the amount into my Amazon account from the card, and then go to a site and pay (with Amazon Pay) it won’t work? I am not directly trying to pay with a gift card on a 3rd party site.
From what they say on the site, you have to use either Visa/Mastercard or Amazon.com store card. Appears you can't use the balance on your Amazon account in any way except directly through Amazon itself.

https://pay.amazon.com/help/201754620 or just type Using Amazon Pay and the link will be there

Ok thanks for the info.

Thanks to all that provide links.
I am thankful that most do.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”