Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That buyflfire.com website is an absolute mess. Ordered an Akai Fire a couple of days ago (at least that is my understanding). Got charged 4 times for some reason. Can't check what went wrong because I'm locked out of my account. The site insists I am putting in the wrong captcha. The email contact listed on the invoice points at something somewhere in the middle of nirvana. Any attempt to establish contact constantly bounces back. I'm now trying to reach Akai directly to make sure they do not send me 4 units (and refund the charges). This is starting to turn into serious work. :borg:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

That sucks. I have been locked out of a few accounts and had support be either unresponsive or unreachable. Good luck!

Anyone else here check out the Roli Lumi?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pl ... play-music

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:41 am That buyflfire.com website is an absolute mess. Ordered an Akai Fire a couple of days ago (at least that is my understanding). Got charged 4 times for some reason. Can't check what went wrong because I'm locked out of my account. The site insists I am putting in the wrong captcha. The email contact listed on the invoice points at something somewhere in the middle of nirvana. Any attempt to establish contact constantly bounces back. I'm now trying to reach Akai directly to make sure they do not send me 4 units (and refund the charges). This is starting to turn into serious work. :borg:
Sorry to hear that, I had no issues ordering mine. I wonder why you are having so many issues.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:41 am That buyflfire.com website is an absolute mess. Ordered an Akai Fire a couple of days ago (at least that is my understanding). Got charged 4 times for some reason. Can't check what went wrong because I'm locked out of my account. The site insists I am putting in the wrong captcha. The email contact listed on the invoice points at something somewhere in the middle of nirvana. Any attempt to establish contact constantly bounces back. I'm now trying to reach Akai directly to make sure they do not send me 4 units (and refund the charges). This is starting to turn into serious work. :borg:
I’m in Canada and the offer is not available here. Maybe I could buy you one unit if shipping price is reasonable.

If you're an owner of any Arturia soft/hardware, check your account! With today's release of 3 Delays, i have an offer for 12 Arturia effects for $149! The 12 includes 3-delays, compressors, filters and preamps. The $249 package seems to have $100 coupon automatically applied at checkout.

vstbuzz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:19 pm VSTBuzz: 82% off “frei:raum” by Sonible - Normally €279 Now Only €49!

More information at https://vstbuzz.com/deals/82-off-freiraum-by-sonible
Love that freiraum. Was my first Sonible plugin and still my preferred one.

Fleer wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:45 pm
vstbuzz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:19 pm VSTBuzz: 82% off “frei:raum” by Sonible - Normally €279 Now Only €49!

More information at https://vstbuzz.com/deals/82-off-freiraum-by-sonible
Love that freiraum. Was my first Sonible plugin and still my preferred one.
I never can use it. I have it on my iLok, but it keeps wanting a registration code. Then when I give the one I have, it tells me it is no good. Waste of money. I shouldn't have to email them every time I switch computers

Okay, it seems I installed the wrong version. The older one doesn't work with the iLok, the current version does. I found the link to update it. Now I need to delete the old version installation file so I don't do this again! Very frustrating!

Now to figure out how to use it.
Last edited by dzilizzi on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

I and my wallet would greatly appreciate it if someone could convince me that frei:raum for €49 is a bad deal that I should stay well clear off.

(Yes, I'll try the demo.)

Sciurus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am I and my wallet would greatly appreciate it if someone could convince me that frei:raum for €49 is a bad deal that I should stay well clear off.

Continually throwing more money won't inherently improve your work and won't make you happy long term. You'll just be on the next 'got to have it' shortly after. Save your money and learn to enjoy what you have.

Besides, the more plugins you have in your 'collection', the more difficult it will be to maintain projects long term. Smarter to stick with a tighter collection and simply update the few.

VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 am
Sciurus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 am I and my wallet would greatly appreciate it if someone could convince me that frei:raum for €49 is a bad deal that I should stay well clear off.

Continually throwing more money won't inherently improve your work and won't make you happy long term. You'll just be on the next 'got to have it' shortly after. Save your money and learn to enjoy what you have.

Besides, the more plugins you have in your 'collection', the more difficult it will be to maintain projects long term. Smarter to stick with a tighter collection and simply update the few.
Noooooo! You can't use logic to counteract GAS, it is just wrong! :x :x :borg: :ud:

The problem is although buying more won't necessarily make you better, sometimes you have to try out a lot of different tools to find the ones that work best for you. Though if there are trial versions, it is best to take advantage of them rather than being stuck with something that doesn't work.

You tell ‘em, dzi!

dzilizzi wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:08 am
VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 am

Noooooo! You can't use logic to counteract GAS, it is just wrong! :x :x :borg: :ud:

The problem is although buying more won't necessarily make you better, sometimes you have to try out a lot of different tools to find the ones that work best for you. Though if there are trial versions, it is best to take advantage of them rather than being stuck with something that doesn't work.
haha he asked for it. :P :lol:

I would agree finding a nice set helps tremendously. But I don't think there is a best.. a true top tier optimum setup. That's mythical.. better to just find a set that clicks well enough and roll with it.

One could waste their entire life trying new plugins and never make any songs otherwise, trying out every last item. And that would be sad... to have nothing to show for it all in the end. At least I think so.

Plus, if you're buying the next new eq or synth gear (even if you are actually using these tools to create music) you're going to end up with a filled hard drive and locked into reinstalling all these plugins if you ever switch PCs and want to reopen these projects to edit or rework at a later date. That gets messy, I know from experience. :x

I'm a sucker for bargains too. Yet another EQ or Synth probably isn't going to change things in the grand scheme of things. Find one or two that clicks satisfactorily and get going! I'd say, generally speaking, don't get stuck in neutral buying more crap thinking you'll suddenly become a better musician... it's a (expensive) trap.

On the flip side, I once took kvr advice (uh oh) that any decent musician can make great music with anything - One ping only and a spoon even - and thus not to worry about my gear because it didn't matter.

And I determined through years of struggling that this advice was thoroughly untrue. Because the gear did matter to some degree, if you're going after a certain sound (and that sound isn't one ping only and a spoon), then you'll need gear capable of getting that certain sound. The point being, I'm not advocating not getting a 'decent' setup, but am advocating finding a smaller setup for your sound and just get on with writing music with it. I say all this because I regret spending years of my life with little to nothing to show for it, but a long list of plugins in my DAW.

One doesn't need 8 VAs that do supersaw 0.0491% closer to the JP or has 'that' virus sound. Or 8 different Teddy Riley endorsed compressors or EQs. Spend the cash on one or two quality ones that tick your boxes and get to writing music is my advice. Otherwise it is down an endless rabbit-hole of the next greatest thing or bargain buy draining your wallet.

Now back to your regularly schedule program. :help:

Like a small reminder that the IK Multimedia Group Buy may reach 9-for-1 status (8 freebies) in a few days.

VitaminD wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:45 amI would agree finding a nice set helps tremendously. But I don't think there is a best.. a true top tier optimum setup. That's mythical.. better to just find a set that clicks well enough and roll with it.

One could waste their entire life trying new plugins and never make any songs otherwise, trying out every last item. And that would be sad... to have nothing to show for it all in the end. At least I think so.

Plus, if you're buying the next new eq or synth gear (even if you are actually using these tools to create music) you're going to end up with a filled hard drive and locked into reinstalling all these plugins if you ever switch PCs and want to reopen these projects to edit or rework at a later date. That gets messy, I know from experience. :x

I'm a sucker for bargains too. Yet another EQ or Synth probably isn't going to change things in the grand scheme of things. Find one or two that clicks satisfactorily and get going! I'd say, generally speaking, don't get stuck in neutral buying more crap thinking you'll suddenly become a better musician... it's a (expensive) trap.

On the flip side, I once took kvr advice (uh oh) that any decent musician can make great music with anything - One ping only and a spoon even - and thus not to worry about my gear because it didn't matter.

And I determined through years of struggling that this advice was thoroughly untrue. Because the gear did matter to some degree, if you're going after a certain sound (and that sound isn't one ping only and a spoon), then you'll need gear capable of getting that certain sound. The point being, I'm not advocating not getting a 'decent' setup, but am advocating finding a smaller setup for your sound and just get on with writing music with it. I say all this because I regret spending years of my life with little to nothing to show for it, but a long list of plugins in my DAW.

One doesn't need 8 VAs that do supersaw 0.0491% closer to the JP or has 'that' virus sound. Or 8 different Teddy Riley endorsed compressors or EQs. Spend the cash on one or two quality ones that tick your boxes and get to writing music is my advice. Otherwise it is down an endless rabbit-hole of the next greatest thing or bargain buy draining your wallet.
Quoted for truth.

:clap:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”