Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apparently, until Aug 31.
Blue Phase Music

BBFG# wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 pm
W23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:18 pm For those of us in the US, musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater.com are also selling the Steinberg VST instruments at the advertised discount. I’m only mentioning it because state sales tax can be avoided that way. 8 percent (TX sales tax) adds up.
AFAIK and have experienced, they now charge appropriate taxes according to the state you live in. However, that's only on physical goods. So far, it hasn't effected software downloads. But Congress is working on an AVT (and they swear it's completely different than the European VAT, but it's exactly the same in action - regardless of syntax and wording).
That’s what I have heard, and it may very well differ from state to state. I just bought a Steinberg interface last week, a Launchpad 2 months ago, a Linnstrument 7 months ago, and they were all without sales tax applied. However, most of the stuff I have bought from Amazon HAS had a sales tax applied. That may very well be due to the fact that Amazon now has local fulfillment centers everywhere.

W23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 pm That’s what I have heard, and it may very well differ from state to state. I just bought a Steinberg interface last week, a Launchpad 2 months ago, a Linnstrument 7 months ago, and they were all without sales tax applied. However, most of the stuff I have bought from Amazon HAS had a sales tax applied. That may very well be due to the fact that Amazon now has local fulfillment centers everywhere.
Correct. Any business has to collect sales tax from states where they have physical locations. Also, larger businesses like Amazon and Reverb are now having to collect sales tax from many states that they are not located in. I'm sure MF/GC will be in that same boat soon, if not already, and it's just a matter of time before this will be the rule for all states and all businesses. Congress has been working on this since the 2000's.

B&H started a program where they give you credit equal to the tax you paid for your gear now. They don’t have coupon codes though, so not perfect.

Sweetwater charged me tax on the last hardware I bought from them. First time. And they have no B&M in our state.

I live in New Orleans and Sweetwater has charged me for every single digital product that I’ve purchased from them in the past 8 months.

Texas can’t be too far behind then. I’m amazed that I’ve made it this long without having to pay any. I thought it was fairly common to not have to pay sales tax for out-of-state purchases.

To be fair, it has always been the case that you have to pay tax on any purchase you make, in-state or out-of-state. What's changing is the online retailers are increasingly required to collect the tax for out-of-state purchases. If the retailer doesn't collect it, you're supposed to calculate it yourself and pay it to your local and state governments. I bet we can guess just how often THAT happens.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

for the life of me i can't find the 'buy' button...

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/x-2/

sqigls wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 am for the life of me i can't find the 'buy' button...

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/x-2/
Tested because I can.

Buy = the green button in the product field adds product to cart (the green one at the top right),
then pops up ... continue shopping or checkout.
That`s how I get it.

Maybe you are on a device/browser not showing it?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

waltercruz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 am If you have some item of the Evetide Elevante Mastering blundle (EQuivocate, Saturate or Punctuate), check your upgrade options!

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ate-bundle

The upgrade from EQuivocate is $49 to me, by example.
This was great recommendation, thank you. I purchased the bundle for $ 39 as the Anthology XI owner.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 am
waltercruz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 am If you have some item of the Evetide Elevante Mastering blundle (EQuivocate, Saturate or Punctuate), check your upgrade options!

This was great recommendation, thank you. I purchased the bundle for $ 39 as the Anthology XI owner.
Already bought Saturate on the sale last week for $29 and there was no upgrade from Anthology XI to the bundle. Thank you Eventide! :dog: :dog: :dog:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

W23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 pm
W23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:18 pm For those of us in the US, musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater.com are also selling the Steinberg VST instruments at the advertised discount. I’m only mentioning it because state sales tax can be avoided that way. 8 percent (TX sales tax) adds up.
AFAIK and have experienced, they now charge appropriate taxes according to the state you live in. However, that's only on physical goods. So far, it hasn't effected software downloads. But Congress is working on an AVT (and they swear it's completely different than the European VAT, but it's exactly the same in action - regardless of syntax and wording).
That’s what I have heard, and it may very well differ from state to state. I just bought a Steinberg interface last week, a Launchpad 2 months ago, a Linnstrument 7 months ago, and they were all without sales tax applied. However, most of the stuff I have bought from Amazon HAS had a sales tax applied. That may very well be due to the fact that Amazon now has local fulfillment centers everywhere.
Amazon lost a court case related to charging sales tax. At least in California. prior to that, the didn't have fulfillment centers anywhere in California so they wouldn't have to deal with sales tax. Now they are all over the place. Each state has different laws, and some still don't charge sales tax on digital products. I'm thinking Silicon Valley helps with keeping that one away for us. Our sales tax is almost 10%, so it would affect some decisions for me if I had to pay it.

mladi wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:03 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 am

Already bought Saturate on the sale last week for $29 and there was no upgrade from Anthology XI to the bundle. Thank you Eventide! :dog: :dog: :dog:
I have the original Elevate bundle and AnthologyXI. On my phone, it looks like it might be a free update? Can't really tell since I can't find the account details. Have to check my computer.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”