Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m hoping they’ll combine them in a KeySuite Hybrid of sorts, like they recently did with their acoustic and electric pianos.

@ svrc
("Cableguys WidthShaper, VolumeShaper 5, PanShaper2, FilterShaper Core on sale, 9$ each.
https://reverb.com/handpicked/price-dro ... date_added")

Not in the link, nor by search "Cabluguys".

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 pm Wasn't the free Metric Halo Dirty Delay included already in a couple of months ago?
I got anyway one, in connectoin of a purchase.
Audiodeluxe had that in May. I just checked my email to make sure I had gotten it, and noticed it says, "Please make sure to register your Dirty Delay license by June 30, 2019"... which I hadn't done yet.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:29 pm @ svrc
("Cableguys WidthShaper, VolumeShaper 5, PanShaper2, FilterShaper Core on sale, 9$ each.

yeah no dice unfortunately

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Cableguys

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:43 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 pm Wasn't the free Metric Halo Dirty Delay included already in a couple of months ago?
I got anyway one, in connectoin of a purchase.
Audiodeluxe had that in May. I just checked my email to make sure I had gotten it, and noticed it says, "Please make sure to register your Dirty Delay license by June 30, 2019"... which I hadn't done yet.
Oops. Thanks.

sqigls wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:29 am
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:29 pm @ svrc

yeah no dice unfortunately

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Cableguys
Looks like they probably only had one or two at that price. There were a few other plugins at $9 which I bought and right after I purchased them, they were out of stock and showing "Coming Soon":

Are those Reverb flash deals sold directly by Reverb or are they limited stock because there is a person selling their license through them? Would explain why they go away quickly.

Cabluguys is NFR software so i'd doubt it

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:36 amAre those Reverb flash deals sold directly by Reverb or are they limited stock because there is a person selling their license through them? Would explain why they go away quickly.
All the ones I've looked at that were posted here were sold directly by Reverb.
They almost all seemed to be very limited stock except for UVI Pigments.
Most were too niche for me but I did pick up a very good deal on an iZotope bundle which then went out of stock.
Not the Music Essentials Bundle but a more upmarket bundle.

agharta wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:11 am
yellowmix wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:36 amAre those Reverb flash deals sold directly by Reverb or are they limited stock because there is a person selling their license through them? Would explain why they go away quickly.
All the ones I've looked at that were posted here were sold directly by Reverb.
They almost all seemed to be very limited stock except for UVI Pigments.
Most were too niche for me but I did pick up a very good deal on an iZotope bundle which then went out of stock.
Not the Music Essentials Bundle but a more upmarket bundle.
Could it be that they are adding these sale items to get people to keep checking out their site? Offer one license of something at an 80% or higher discount and get a bunch of people hitting the site and maybe purchase something else since they don't have any stock left of the sale item at a crazy discount.

A few months ago during their April sale, I got a great deal on Blue Cat's All Plug-Ins Pack. It was over 75% off the retail price. As soon as I purchased it, they no longer had any stock.

SolarAxix wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:19 amCould it be that they are adding these sale items to get people to keep checking out their site? Offer one license of something at an 80% or higher discount and get a bunch of people hitting the site and maybe purchase something else since they don't have any stock left of the sale item at a crazy discount.

A few months ago during their April sale, I got a great deal on Blue Cat's All Plug-Ins Pack. It was over 75% off the retail price. As soon as I purchased it, they no longer had any stock.
Sure. I only looked there out of curiosity due to a deal listed here and stumbled upon something else that I was already keen on at the best price I've seen it at. I snapped it up knowing that if I changed my mind before registering it that someone here would grab it from me at the price I bought it for.

@SolarAxix That's called a 'loss leader' in the marketing world:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/loss-leader

sqigls wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:53 am Cabluguys is NFR software so i'd doubt it
Is that a new policy? Because I have bought and sold the full bundle before

Is anyone here familiar with NI's implementation of multiple licenses in Native Access?

After purchasing K12UCE "upgrade" from an online vendor via serial download edition and registering it I still have two offers in the My Offers section. One for K12U update at $199 and a second for K12 update at $99. (I also have a serial for K7 in my account, so it says the K12 update price of $99 is based on this.)

I'm wondering if purchasing one or both of these offers will give me additional licenses to use on more PCs for my other studio?

I wrote to them and after two weeks they finally answered that buying a second copy of K12UCE would not be recommended. Interesting. Both since I didn't ask that and also that their system can't handle multiple licenses for a single customer? Wow. Is that true?

Their reply: "Your Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition upgrade would allow you to install that software on up to 3 computers simultaneously. Purchasing a second Update license is not recommended as it may cause issues with your other licenses."

I wrote back that I'm not looking to by a second license for K12UCE, but merely K12U update and/or K12 update. But I doubt they'll reply back in time before the end of the month sale ends. So am looking for input on this.

I think an extra $199 to get a license for 3 more PCs of K12U is pretty good deal. And/or so is $99 for just K12. But not if it'll goof up things with Native Access. Thoughts? Experience with this?

Rational wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:42 am Is anyone here familiar with NI's implementation of multiple licenses in Native Access?

After purchasing K12UCE "upgrade" from an online vendor via serial download edition and registering it I still have two offers in the My Offers section. One for K12U update at $199 and a second for K12 update at $99. (I also have a serial for K7 in my account, so it says the K12 update price of $99 is based on this.)

I'm wondering if purchasing one or both of these offers will give me additional licenses to use on more PCs for my other studio?

I wrote to them and after two weeks they finally answered that buying a second copy of K12UCE would not be recommended. Interesting. Both since I didn't ask that and also that their system can't handle multiple licenses for a single customer? Wow. Is that true?

Their reply: "Your Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition upgrade would allow you to install that software on up to 3 computers simultaneously. Purchasing a second Update license is not recommended as it may cause issues with your other licenses."

I wrote back that I'm not looking to by a second license for K12UCE, but merely K12U update and/or K12 update. But I doubt they'll reply back in time before the end of the month sale ends. So am looking for input on this.

I think an extra $199 to get a license for 3 more PCs of K12U is pretty good deal. And/or so is $99 for just K12. But not if it'll goof up things with Native Access. Thoughts? Experience with this?
This is just my experience and some memories of the experiences of others. Basically, to some extent, they don't care how many machines that you install it on. I've heard of other people getting the banhammer, but typically they are not regular customers and have only a few products and, I suspect, are installing on multiple machines under potentially shady circumstances, for example, different IP addresses that both consistently update in a pattern that indicates you let your friend install your software and gave him your password. I don't know that, but that's my fuzzy memory of some discussion.

I also know that they can have problems with multiple paths to the same product that may trigger some erroneous condition on install. For example, I had both the R6 update and the K11 update and that caused problems installing the new Blocks Racks because it found the R6 update first but not R5, even though I had R5 from several Komplete updates.

Also, I don't believe that updates give you more licenses, per se. That is, my R6 and K11 updates were traced back to the same R5 in K9, so I don't think that owning both licenses gives me the right to double my installs. So, if you upgrade one copy of K7 to both K12 and K12CE, then you still only have the max of those two products in terms of installs. Again, I don't know, and I don't think that they care that much.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”