Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3878 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 am

Purchased about 24 h ago Waves plugins from JRR Shop.
I have used to immediate license delivery in Waves.
However, still my JRR account says:
"Waves Serial Number | Registration Link: www.waves.com/account/register | This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available."

I wonder what delays the delivery?

P.s. Stupid communicate to vendor via Forum, but obviously the best response here.

Uncle E
KVRAF
11279 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:17 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 am
"Waves Serial Number | Registration Link: www.waves.com/account/register | This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available."

Thank you. I just received it and delivered it to you. I apologize for the delay, most companies we sell can either be delivered instantly or quickly but there are still a few where we must wait for the licenses to be sent to us.

jbarish
Banned
483 posts since 28 Apr, 2017

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 am

The Noodlist wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 am
Mathematics wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 am
Google search reveals that it's ONLY the paid versions of T-Racks. There's also other perks you get as a TR5 owner. See here under "What's New" near the bottom:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5cs/

This is confirmed by Peter at IKM here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=140
It's ludicrous that these feature are only available in bundles, the individual modules are expensive enough to warrant these features. As a owner of 22 T-Racks plug-ins, these contain 2 of the 4 within T-Racks5, and have no desire to purchase for the other 2, or just for extra features.

There's freeware out there that have some of these features, so I see no excuse to have these extra features omitted from pay-ware. It feels like I've been short changed.
You feel short changed because you did get short changed. No other company charges loyal customers extra to be able to resize your GUI. It's just one of the many perks of buying from IK.

Nobdi
KVRist
294 posts since 29 Apr, 2010

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 am

:roll: Well, other companies also publish 1 tape emulation with 4 different modes - IK just published 4 separate ones :roll:

Uncle E
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:29 am

Nobdi wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 am
:roll: Well, other companies also publish 1 tape emulation with 4 different modes - IK just published 4 separate ones :roll:
Someone brought up the Group Buy earlier. That’s IK’s biggest promotion of the year and it makes much more sense for the tapes to be separated for it.

mladi
KVRian
752 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:03 am

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:29 am
Nobdi wrote:
Someone brought up the Group Buy earlier. That’s IK’s biggest promotion of the year and it makes much more sense for the tapes to be separated for it.
But still they could sell the tapes separately right from the start but they sell them together. It isn't everything bad. :wink:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|Presonus Eris E8 XT|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Stein­berg CC121|Akai FL Studio Fire|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro|FL Studio 20.5

Harry_HH
KVRAF
3878 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:14 am

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:17 am
Harry_HH wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 am

Thank you, got it. :)

Thank you. I just received it and delivered it to you. I apologize for the delay, most companies we sell can either be delivered instantly or quickly but there are still a few where we must wait for the licenses to be sent to us.

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6723 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:26 am

Nobdi wrote:
And the T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for an insanely low price, plus JamPoints to take it down further. I know, quite evil :evil: :wink:
NEW: AmpliTube Brian May
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
What you got just ain't interesting (or true).

BERFAB
KVRAF
6165 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:53 am

mladi wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:03 am
Uncle E wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:29 am
Nobdi wrote:
But still they could sell the tapes separately right from the start but they sell them together. It isn't everything bad. :wink:
Their CSR reverb follows the same model, no? 4 separate plugs for 1 product.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

mgw38
KVRAF
2135 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:58 am

Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model. Some increases are quite substantial. The annual support plan renewal has been doubled in price from 99$ to 199$ per year. There are attractive options to switch to the subscription but the catch is that you have to surrender your perpetual license. The new prices take effect July 1.

Two take aways. If you want to keep your perpetual Pro Tools license it makes sense to purchase the renewal plan now before the price increase even if you are not yet up for renewal. Apparently, you can purchase as many renewals as you want. Each renewal purchase will add one year to your renewal plan. After July 1, owning a perpetual license for the regular Pro Tools version makes very little sense.

Another interesting point is that they did not change the price of the renewal plan for Pro Tools Ultimate. That one stays at (the already fairly high) $399 per year and thus remains a lot lower than the subscription price. If you have been on the fence about trading up your standard Pro Tools license at the current sale price, this is one more thing to consider.

Edit: Btw, that new crossgrade option from Ultimate perpetual to Ultimate subscription makes no sense whatsoever. You can either keep the perpetual license and pay $399 per yer for the support plan or you surrender the perpetual license for the benefit of paying $599 instead of $799 a year for the subscription. Who in their right mind would do that?
Last edited by mgw38 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 am

We now have the Bitwig Upgrade on sale for $129:

https://www.jrrshop.com/bitwig?dir=desc ... _from_date

PsYAuM
KVRist
139 posts since 22 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 am

Uncle E wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:03 am

is there any additional discount in the cart for this?
We are all a unique vibration in a beautiful symphony of infinite creation

jsp1979
KVRAF
3238 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am

PsYAuM wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 am
Uncle E wrote:

I mean, all you have to do is click his link and add to cart to answer this question. It's probably faster than writing this post.

P.S.--Yes.

PsYAuM
KVRist
139 posts since 22 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:37 am

jsp1979 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am
PsYAuM wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 am
Uncle E wrote:

I mean, all you have to do is click his link and add to cart to answer this question. It's probably faster than writing this post.

P.S.--Yes.
Less than £100 :D
Great price
Thanks
ps
Bought :tu:
We are all a unique vibration in a beautiful symphony of infinite creation

soundbylaura
KVRian
711 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:27 am

mgw38 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:58 am
Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model. Some increases are quite substantial. The annual support plan renewal has been doubled in price from 99$ to 199$ per year. There are attractive options to switch to the subscription but the catch is that you have to surrender your perpetual license. The new prices take effect July 1.

Two take aways. If you want to keep your perpetual Pro Tools license it makes sense to purchase the renewal plan now before the price increase even if you are not yet up for renewal. Apparently, you can purchase as many renewals as you want. Each renewal purchase will add one year to your renewal plan. After July 1, owning a perpetual license for the regular Pro Tools version makes very little sense.

Another interesting point is that they did not change the price of the renewal plan for Pro Tools Ultimate. That one stays at (the already fairly high) $399 per year and thus remains a lot lower than the subscription price. If you have been on the fence about trading up your standard Pro Tools license at the current sale price, this is one more thing to consider.

Edit: Btw, that new crossgrade option from Ultimate perpetual to Ultimate subscription makes no sense whatsoever. You can either keep the perpetual license and pay $399 per yer for the support plan or you surrender the perpetual license for the benefit of paying $599 instead of $799 a year for the subscription. Who in their right mind would do that?
Thanks for this summary, mgw38. I found it very helpful.

And it leads me to a question I am asking seriously: Does Logic Pro X ever go on sale? (eBay coupons, resellers included?)
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”