Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pandashake wrote:
Wittenberg wrote:Couldn't we have a more 'tough' policy in which non-bargain posts would deleted. is that possible?
I hope that's not directed at me, but if it is, could you please point me in the direction of where I should post my question?
I think you're misinterpreting his post, pandashake. I didn't see it as directed at you. The earlier discussion in this thread was how it doesn't appear that people can keep the discussion to this thread and the bargains on the other.

So, Wittenberg was suggesting that Meffy and/or the other mods simply delete the "banter" posts in the Bargain thread (the "other thread"). To get "tough" on them. While I can't answer dirctly for Wittenber, that's how I read his post.

Your prodcuerloops question earlier in the thread is exactly the type of comment this thread was meant for. 8)

--JSP

That's how I read it.

I can just imagine the outrage if moderators were routinely to delete posts in Bargain Center for being not entirely on topic. No thanks, the flaming torches alone would constitute a major carbon dioxide emission event. :-} We can't split things from one thread into another (merge) either. Even if we could it'd be another thing to keep track of, and I at least am having to spend more time at my "real" job of programming these days.

If things get too chatty in Bargain Center, maybe one of those who frequent the thread could politely suggest bringing the gossip over to this thread, mentioning the rationale in a way that's likely to inspire a cooperative attitude rather than a resistant one.

Meffy it would help if you renamed the other thread "Bargains Only" instead of shiny new thread. It was a good idea having two threads but it's just not working. It's a simple thing to copy and paste a post from the bargains thread and post it here for comments or questions but like I said no big deal. I'm just afraid someone will miss a good bargain while trying to weed through all the "thanks" posts. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sure, I'll give that a shot.

Well, the thing that made me think that it was directed at me was that the last post before mine was dated October 15 (which is ancient for a KVR thread in the marketplace), but as soon as I made my post I got that response. No big deal either way. Just seemed kind of petty to me, since I thought I was in the right place for asking a question like that.

So...how about that coupon code for producerloops.com? :hihi:

Meffy wrote:Sure, I'll give that a shot.
Thanks Meffy.

A little late but for the record.. I wasn't aiming at pandashake, but at the general bargain-only problem.

I still think it could work by throwing out the unrelated posts. Possibly there might be a flame war, but those don't obey the thread rules either, so will be thrown out as well.
The more you learn - the less you understand

You'll have to convince some other moderator to do it then. I don't care to try patrolling the thread, judging degrees of off-topicness, and having to justify / rationalize draconian deletions. Those dragon moves are reserved for abusers of the forum, not "just folks." :-}

Wittenberg wrote:A little late but for the record.. I wasn't aiming at pandashake, but at the general bargain-only problem.
Cool. Thanks for getting back in the thread. :D

Damn SD2.0 bargain :| Only ships in Canada...wtf :|
Eternitysound VST Banks

If anybody wants more entertainment on the subject, the Harmony Central hot deals thread seems to be finishing up an 8-page convulsion about chat in the deals thread and whether or not to post CraigsList deals:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/sho ... ?t=2476469

...At least we haven't had to cope with people posting local CL sales.... :)

Teksonik wrote:Meffy it would help if you renamed the other thread "Bargains Only"
Or not........................ :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well folks, where in late november now and I'm wondering when the xmas deals are going to start showing up. I'm saving my money for something...I just don't know what yet! Even with some of the stellar deals you can get from the folks in the market place, I have hope that something will rock my world.

Although, this year I promised I wouldn't just buy for the sake of buying. My strategy is partly working 'cause now I'm restricting my self to emulator x3 w\ xboard, and I've got t-racks singles...I could do with an extra audio interface, or something...

One thing for sure, it has to be a bargain!

songshark wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on this. I downloaded it and installed it into my components folder (G5 PPC) but it does not show up on my AU manager in Logic 7.1. I've dropped a note to TC support, but just wondering if anyone has successfully installed this in an AU application? (Hope this is not considered a "thread-jacking.")

Big props to anahat in the Bargains thread!

I just now walked through the process of 'buying' the Cakewalk 1, 2, and 3 FX sets for free. At the end of the transaction, I got download links and have already d/l'ed them all.

The sfz+ transaction went through, too, but the offered download link breaks... :(

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”