Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:37 am
mrj1nx wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:27 am
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:19 am
mrj1nx wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am Just wanted to post a warning, pluginboutique is currently listing TrackSpacer as being on sale. They state that the list price is €71.88 while in reality the list price is actually € 59.00 if you check here: https://www.wavesfactory.com/trackspacer/

So they are obviously lying about the list price.
they're not "lying" - it's called VAT. Wavesfactory is €70.80 in the cart with UK vat added.
Thanks for pointing that out, I removed my post, I guess I've become a bit too cynical lately, so sorry for that!
Yeah - an other story is, that when the "list price" is referred, the dealer shouldn't include VAT to that reference price, for two reasons:

1. The VAT varies from country to country, from 0-28 %
2. 95 % of the plugin dealers won't charge VAT, anyway.

Therefore, your cynical approach was (is), unfortunately justified. :scared:
Rubbish. In the UK, retailers selling to consumers are supposed to show prices with vat added in.

Also every retailer selling to non vat registered people must charge them vat on every purchase.
So your mythical 95% don't exist.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Kypresso wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am Just wanted to post a warning, pluginboutique is currently listing TrackSpacer as being on sale. They state that the list price is €71.88 while in reality the list price is actually € 59.00 if you check here: https://www.wavesfactory.com/trackspacer/

they're not "lying" - it's called VAT. Wavesfactory is €70.80 in the cart with UK vat added.
Thanks for pointing that out, I removed my post, I guess I've become a bit too cynical lately, so sorry for that!
Yeah - an other story is, that when the "list price" is referred, the dealer shouldn't include VAT to that reference price, for two reasons:

Rubbish. In the UK, retailers selling to consumers are supposed to show prices with vat added in.

Also every retailer selling to non vat registered people must charge them vat on every purchase.
If Plugin Boutique is based in the UK (as I'd assume from defaulting to pounds), that may be a disadvantage then....

SPL DrumXchanger is $29 + VAT right now. When I looked for reviews, I found this opinion by Audiofanzine: "At $199.66 + VAT, the DrumXchanger is a no-brainer!". That was in 2010 though. 9 years later, is it a no-brainer at $29 I wonder?

pekadan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 pm SPL DrumXchanger is $29 + VAT right now. When I looked for reviews, I found this opinion by Audiofanzine: "At $199.66 + VAT, the DrumXchanger is a no-brainer!". That was in 2010 though. 9 years later, is it a no-brainer at $29 I wonder?
It does what it says it does well, but honestly you should demo it (I did, before purchasing it on sale a while back). Another thing to consider is that it comes with the SPL transient designer built in (well 2 of them actually, one for the original source and one for the sample). I have occasionally used this plugin just for the transient designer on the "original" source, not even using it as a drum replacer at all.
Play it by ear

Kypresso wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 pm

? Its not rubbish, stupid to claim something like that.
I have purchased about 400 plugins and samplepacks over more than 10 years period of time. Very, very seldom I have paid the VAT, which is to my country BTW 24 %, when I bought from the dealer.
E. g. the top dealers JRR and Audio deluxe won't add any VAT.
Developer shops, however, add always the VAT, and so does e. g. the Pluginalliance.

pheeleep wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:27 pm
pekadan wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:17 pm SPL DrumXchanger is $29 + VAT right now. When I looked for reviews, I found this opinion by Audiofanzine: "At $199.66 + VAT, the DrumXchanger is a no-brainer!". That was in 2010 though. 9 years later, is it a no-brainer at $29 I wonder?
It does what it says it does well, but honestly you should demo it (I did, before purchasing it on sale a while back). Another thing to consider is that it comes with the SPL transient designer built in (well 2 of them actually, one for the original source and one for the sample). I have occasionally used this plugin just for the transient designer on the "original" source, not even using it as a drum replacer at all.
I wish I could sell mine for 50% off $29 :D
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

guys please stop, wrong thread for debates
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I am in GAS mode right now and feel like hitting on one Oeksound plug-in and/or Fabfilter Pro-Q 3. But I have also been eyeing crossgrade deals for NI Kontakt 6. Is it wise to expect NI deals during Easter or should I forget about it?

ATS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 pm guys please stop, wrong thread for debates
is it? vat is essentially a ~20% discount/charge so seems pretty relevant to discussion about bargains.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am
ATS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 pm guys please stop, wrong thread for debates
is it? vat is essentially a ~20% discount/charge so seems pretty relevant to discussion about bargains.
Exactly. One of those guys, who think every controversial discourse is ”in the wrong thread”. Under the topic ”Bargain, discussion...” revealing missleading advertisment of some vendor is most relevant, of course. :tu:

BeeDog wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:19 am I am in GAS mode right now and feel like hitting on one Oeksound plug-in and/or Fabfilter Pro-Q 3. But I have also been eyeing crossgrade deals for NI Kontakt 6. Is it wise to expect NI deals during Easter or should I forget about it?
I think the Komplete offers are usually during June, the individual product offers in November

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:30 pm ? Its not rubbish, stupid to claim something like that.
I have purchased about 400 plugins and samplepacks over more than 10 years period of time. Very, very seldom I have paid the VAT, which is to my country BTW 24 %, when I bought from the dealer.
Developer shops, however, add always the VAT, and so does e. g. the Pluginalliance.
You've exploited a loophole in the VAT system. That's all. You're not alone in using it and it's up to you if you do. But please stop pretending that a European vendor that is unable to help you exploit that loophole is somehow doing something wrong.

I apologise if that gets in the way of your regular daily whinge about something or other.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 am
Harry_HH wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:30 pm ? Its not rubbish, stupid to claim something like that.
You've exploited a loophole in the VAT system. That's all. You're not alone in using it and it's up to you if you do. But please stop pretending that a European vendor that is unable to help you exploit that loophole is somehow doing something wrong.

I apologise if that gets in the way of your regular daily whinge about something or other.
What a bull***t. I’m not exploiting anything, I paid always the amount shown under the last line of the bill.
And so do you. Stop whining and pretending something better.

Please continue your mud fight in private. We don’t care...

Dodging tax is usually exclusively for the rich. i'm sure one day soon they will work out a way to stop all kinds of avoidance (apart from them of course) .

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”