Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DearVR is on a 3 day sale at the moment. My code is dvrMusic69b and takes the price to $69 but I'm wondering if there is another one floating around that will drop the price to 29?

nathanj wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:38 pm DearVR is on a 3 day sale at the moment. My code is dvrMusic69b and takes the price to $69 but I'm wondering if there is another one floating around that will drop the price to 29?
Seems I'm not the only one here. After tricked by their a/b voucher once, we should be careful about these codes now :hihi:
Anyways, I tried to change the code with 19/29/39/49a but none of them works.
And one of my friends reported receiving the same code.
Trance, Trance Is Life

Ya, I ran through all the possible variations as well :ud:

I'm pretty sure there is or will be one with the suffix "a"

Will jrrshop be lowing Output prices to coincide with current Output products sale?

Musical Gym wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:30 am Will jrrshop be lowing Output prices to coincide with current Output products sale?
I doubt it as these NI deals tend to be exclusive.

hhuang9611 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 pm
nathanj wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:38 pm DearVR is on a 3 day sale at the moment. My code is dvrMusic69b and takes the price to $69 but I'm wondering if there is another one floating around that will drop the price to 29?
Seems I'm not the only one here. After tricked by their a/b voucher once, we should be careful about these codes now :hihi:
I received the same code, and rather than going through a combination of possible numbers to get the price down, I simply asked myself... do I need this? And the answer is clearly not. I will barely ever use it. Same with the one band dynamic eq...There are many other more interesting things around.
My .02 pesos.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:54 am
hhuang9611 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 pm
I received the same code, and rather than going through a combination of possible numbers to get the price down, I simply asked myself... do I need this? And the answer is clearly not. I will barely ever use it. Same with the one band dynamic eq...There are many other more interesting things around.
My .02 pesos.
The ”3D” effect is nothing you can’t get by a good reverb (e.g. Eventide Room) and panning.
The ”behind the listener” is even weaker with this VR plugin than with some other reverbs/delays. Snake Oil - just a interface!

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:23 am The ”3D” effect is nothing you can’t get by a good reverb (e.g. Eventide Room) and panning.
The ”behind the listener” is even weaker with this VR plugin than with some other reverbs/delays. Snake Oil - just a interface!
This is not entirely true. The key here is the accuracy of the spatialization based on HRTF modeling. There are a few plugins out there that do this (NuSpace Muze or Wave Arts Panorama come to mind), but it is a rather rare functionality. If you really „need“ this is a different story (but I would argue that pretty much nobody here really needs anything we are chatting about anyway).

In music production, you are usually not that concerned with accuracy and most often like to overemphasize spatialization effects (plus the vertical information is usually lost on human ears anyway). And that is indeed something you can do with any good reverb, provided you know what you are doing.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

everyPlugin.com wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 am Buy Waves Gold - Get Free SSL4000.
Collection is automatically registered in your account within 3 hours.
Must register the Gold before March 22, 2019, 5:00 am EST in order to receive SSL 4000.
The above is an edit from the No Chat thread. I have an unused Gold license bought about a month ago, so if I register within the offer period will I get the SSL4000 also? I think that's how it works! Thanks.

agharta wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 pm ...I have an unused Gold license bought about a month ago, so if I register within the offer period will I get the SSL4000 also? I think that's how it works! Thanks.
Hi agharta,
Yes. If you didn't register it yet, go ahead and do it now.
You should receive the SSL4000 from Waves.

Koby

mgw38 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:39 am
Harry_HH wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:23 am The ”3D” effect is nothing you can’t get by a good reverb (e.g. Eventide Room) and panning.
This is not entirely true. The key here is the accuracy of the spatialization based on HRTF modeling. There are a few plugins out there that do this (NuSpace Muze or Wave Arts Panorama come to mind), but it is a rather rare functionality. If you really „need“ this is a different story (but I would argue that pretty much nobody here really needs anything we are chatting about anyway).

In music production, you are usually not that concerned with accuracy and most often like to overemphasize spatialization effects (plus the vertical information is usually lost on human ears anyway). And that is indeed something you can do with any good reverb, provided you know what you are doing.
I don’t know about the abreviations. But the plugins I mentioned, including Nuspaceaudio Muze and Aeko, are much better in 3D, plus more versatile. I like 3D feature, and use it, icluding manual phase error, but most 3D plugins are not much more than a panner.

Sorry, HRTF means "Head-related Transfer Function". It is an attempt to mathematically model the way sound is received by the human ear.

dzilizzi wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:57 pm Yeah, except to update Nuendo, other than the update to 10 which will be free, it cost 2 to 3 times the update price of Cubase. I'm not sure I want to get into that. And it turns out, Cubase 10 has some good new video tools that make it more attractive than upgrading to Nuendo for the price.
If I read the press release correctly, they reduced the price for Nuendo quite a bit. That seems to indicate that they are working towards merging the two product lines. It should also have an impact on future upgrade prices.

mgw38 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:57 pm Yeah, except to update Nuendo, other than the update to 10 which will be free, it cost 2 to 3 times the update price of Cubase. I'm not sure I want to get into that. And it turns out, Cubase 10 has some good new video tools that make it more attractive than upgrading to Nuendo for the price.
If I read the press release correctly, they reduced the price for Nuendo quite a bit. That seems to indicate that they are working towards merging the two product lines. It should also have an impact on future upgrade prices.
Actually, that would be nice. I hear Nuendo is much more stable, which makes sense for the price. I downloaded the trial to check it out. I have a Sweetwater card and they have no interest for 36 months at $28/month until 4/2. It is almost reasonable. And I don't give up my Cubase license in case I decide not to upgrade again. Still thinking though....

everyPlugin.com wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:05 pm
agharta wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 pm ...I have an unused Gold license bought about a month ago, so if I register within the offer period will I get the SSL4000 also? I think that's how it works! Thanks.
Hi agharta,
Yes. If you didn't register it yet, go ahead and do it now.
You should receive the SSL4000 from Waves.

Koby
Exactly. I did the very same.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”