Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmm. I get the $49 voucher in my email. I wonder how they decide who to send what vouchers to. I haven't really bought from them in a while though I still get my $25 monthly voucher. I have a bunch of their plug-ins and never really use them. Though for $4, I'd probably grab it.

Insanelysane wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 am
Tappistry wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:33 am Zen Audio ALK2 just went on sale to celebrate their new Windows release.

https://zenaud.io/
I hadnt heard of these guys, got really curious and downloaded and installed the trial.. only to find out ALK2 doesnt support Windows 7 at all, only 8.1 onwards. I was surprised, somewhat shocked as I always assumed Win 7 was compatible with everything I wanted but looks like finally Win 7 starting to be left behind.

Shame really, looks like fun software but they dont support Win 7 :(
Win 7 is now a 10 year old operating system. Exentded support for it from Microsoft ends next year. Mainstream support (feature upgrades) ended in 2015, and no computer purchased in the last 4 years (or longer) had it pre-installed for that reason.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume that a new developer on the scene who just came out with a new Windows version of ALK2 that was OSX-only until a few days ago would bother to focus on compatibility with an OS that’s been on its way out for sometime and will be totally End of Life by next year.

You’re absolutely right that Win 7 is being left behind, and it’s been happening for a while. No one is forcing you upgrade, but you’re going to have an increasingly more difficult time with new software going forward.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 am 1 ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3 $149
2019-02 Customer Loyalty Monthly Vouchers - $25 (Code: XXX) -$25
ACME Opticom for $29 (Code: XXX) -$120
VAT $0.92
Total $4.92
Customer: :D
I’m so over buying software compressors at this point that even a $5 price point can’t really interest me. My current compressor arsenal covers more than enough ground already.

I can do just about anything with Presswerk, Kotelnikov, and DC8C3, but I still have a few others in addition to those.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:59 pm
zakufan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 pm any reasons to get XLA-3 if I have bx opto already? :hihi:
Yes, the green colour is worth it!
No we’re talking important features. :lol:

zakufan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 pm any reasons to get XLA-3 if I have bx opto already? :hihi:
Slap a distortion plugin before bx_opto and pretend you already have it.

hhuang9611 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:01 am
escalona wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:11 am I don't if it's been shared.
PluginAlliance ACME AudioOpticom XLA-3 only $29
with code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216B
WTF???? I got the code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216A and it only cuts the price to 49. (And sadly, I have placed my order) What kind of trick is this? I am a heavy hitter and on $75 voucher tier, is this how PA repay my loyalty? I'm opening up a ticket now.
Okay, so PA refunded me $20. Gonna applaud for that.
Trance, Trance Is Life

I like the Acme. Another flavor of aggressive. For $4, it would be an easy sell.
A well-behaved signature.

Tappistry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:36 pm I’m so over buying software compressors at this point that even a $5 price point can’t really interest me. My current compressor arsenal covers more than enough ground already.

I can do just about anything with Presswerk, Kotelnikov, and DC8C3, but I still have a few others in addition to those.
I can relate to this, I also settled on those same compressors. Other than that I have MJUC and Nova.

Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

I seriously need the NI Komplete upgrade sale now. Spring, where are you? :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

omiroad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Tappistry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:36 pm I’m so over buying software compressors at this point that even a $5 price point can’t really interest me. My current compressor arsenal covers more than enough ground already.

I can relate to this, I also settled on those same compressors. Other than that I have MJUC and Nova.
I have those also, as well as Blue Cat Dynamics and MB-5 Dynamix.

I'll post back here if I find out that the whole lot of those is missing something important between them. Stay tuned! :hihi:

mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 pm Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

Don't those usually happen in the summer, around May or so? I'm debating whether or not to go up to KU or KU:CE. It'll basically depend on how much I want the Symphony series and the extra Maschine packs. :help:

Tappistry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm
mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:38 pm Well, it finally happened. If you are going for the Heavyocity NOVO Essentials intro or cross grade offer, be aware that this library requires Kontakt 6. It will not work in Kontakt 5. Fortunately it works with the free version of Kontakt 6.

Don't those usually happen in the summer, around May or so? I'm debating whether or not to go up to KU or KU:CE. It'll basically depend on how much I want the Symphony series and the extra Maschine packs. :help:
If I remember correctly, they call it Spring sale but it is more towards the end of Spring. Remember, Summer starts on June 21. ;)

mgw38 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:02 pm
Tappistry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm

If I remember correctly, they call it Spring sale but it is more towards the end of Spring. Remember, Summer starts on June 21. ;)
Wasn‘t it called Summer of Sound?

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 pm Wasn‘t it called Summer of Sound?
Yes, you are right.... :tu:

Tappistry wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:24 pm
Insanelysane wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 am
Tappistry wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:33 am Zen Audio ALK2 just went on sale to celebrate their new Windows release.

https://zenaud.io/
I hadnt heard of these guys, got really curious and downloaded and installed the trial.. only to find out ALK2 doesnt support Windows 7 at all, only 8.1 onwards. I was surprised, somewhat shocked as I always assumed Win 7 was compatible with everything I wanted but looks like finally Win 7 starting to be left behind.

Shame really, looks like fun software but they dont support Win 7 :(
Win 7 is now a 10 year old operating system. Exentded support for it from Microsoft ends next year. Mainstream support (feature upgrades) ended in 2015, and no computer purchased in the last 4 years (or longer) had it pre-installed for that reason.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume that a new developer on the scene who just came out with a new Windows version of ALK2 that was OSX-only until a few days ago would bother to focus on compatibility with an OS that’s been on its way out for sometime and will be totally End of Life by next year.

You’re absolutely right that Win 7 is being left behind, and it’s been happening for a while. No one is forcing you upgrade, but you’re going to have an increasingly more difficult time with new software going forward.
Well, you're right it is going to be more difficult for a Win 7 user like me to get new software working if my system is no longer supported. I was just surprised to see it finally kick in with a seemingly bread and butter scenario shunning me for not having the right specs.

Given the still huge Win 7 user base Id have thought it reasonable to assume Win 7 support up until now - but yes, the times do change and I'll need to consider migration to Windows 10.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”