Kontakt Video Tutorial: How to Make Mic Level Knobs + FREE SAMPLE LIBRARY

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just uploaded a new Kontakt tutorial video: How to Make Mic Level Knobs (using Instrument Busses). It comes with a free Kontakt library (link in YouTube video description).

https://youtu.be/S0cYRHhML60

Nice video, thanks for posting. I never quite worked out why the Kontakt scripting documentation is so poor. I mean, its ok if you want to know what a particular method does, but if you don't know about the method, its easier just to google it than search through the documentation. The Kontakt 6 documentation is no better, and it's full of typos. Guess they fired their proof-reader :D

Automapping samples to groups - "Because of a bug in Kontakt we have to do this multiple times"... do you know how many times i thought it was just me being dumb and wondering what I was doing wrong? Thank goodness they fixed this really awful bug in Kontakt 6. Oh wait, they didn't! You still have to do the old "Select all zones and hit the Auto button" trick repeatedly until everything has moved in to its own group. And even then I have to double-check everything's in the right group. if you create all the groups first, they automap perfectly, but creating a couple of hundred groups by hand is a pain. I think the Creator Tools makes this easier but still, if they fixed the $"!(*&$£ bug it would be much simpler.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”