String/Orchestra libraries similar to Albion One

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Albion One sounds great but is there something similar that may have more features by another developer? Albion has been around quite a while, so I thought maybe there is something else out there by now which may be similar.

Project Sam orchestral essentials v1 is similar in scope. It has its own flavor but I’d say it’s one of the closest competitors in the price range. Actually I think it’s a fair bit cheaper, especially if you can find it used.

I've never heard of that one, thanks!

Orchestral Tools, from what I've read. Ark 1 will be more intense, others will vary. None are "the same" as Albion.

Other people like Audio Imperia Jaeger and other tools.

Ark and Jaeger come to mind. Maybe Inspire 1 or 2 for more traditional sounds (less hybrid music).

Audio Imperia Nucleus also just came out (and is now my main orchestral library) in pre-release. It doesn't have as many sound design tools as Jaeger. It's more like The Orchestra, but probably better - based on what I've read.
Last edited by vitocorleone123 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Metropolis Ark 1 :)

Cinematic Strings 2 and/or LASS.

tehlord wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:37 am Cinematic Strings 2 and/or LASS.
Neither of those are comparable at all. Albion is a full orchestra library, recorded as ensembles, like symphonia. CS2 and Lass are only strings and recorded as individual sections (violins, violas, cellos and basses). In terms of orchestral libraries it doesn’t get much different.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:50 pm
tehlord wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:37 am Cinematic Strings 2 and/or LASS.
Neither of those are comparable at all. Albion is a full orchestra library, recorded as ensembles, like symphonia. CS2 and Lass are only strings and recorded as individual sections (violins, violas, cellos and basses). In terms of orchestral libraries it doesn’t get much different.
The OP used the word 'String' first, hence me suggesting string libraries. I'm aware of the differences.

I am also looking at orchestral library and I am considering Albion One or The Orchestra in that price range.

Albion One and The Orchestra don't have the same goals. Albion one on sale for $270 Would be hard to beat for value at that price.

The Orchestra alternative, Audio Imperia Nucleus, was $350 preorder (which I bought as my first full symphony library), now $400 going up to $450 soon. Another alternative is to wait for another big sale on Hollywood Orchestra Gold or Diamond.

If you're looking at symphonic libraries, vi control is a better forum.

Just discovered that Bestservice sells The Orchestra. That is a big plus since the allow for license transfer and have an app where you can try the product before buying it.

Have a look at Palette on sale for $99 atm, amazing value
https://audioplugin.deals/deal-1

NI is selling Orchestral Tools bundles for 60% off at the moment. Ark1+2 is about $500ish on sale for the two of them. Etc.

If I had the $$ I’d be all over that.

No, I'm not kidding. I know, this is too good to be true. Just saw this on Bedroomproducersblog:

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2019/0 ... orchestra/

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”