Free Yamaha RX-11 HD sample pack

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A while ago I was thrift shopping and I found the Yamaha RX-11 for 50$ CAD. Compared to the eBay price I thought it was a good deal! I cleaned and repaired the drum pads because some of them were so dusty that they didn't work properly anymore. I also took the time to clean the rest of the unit so it hopefully should be usable for another 30 years. :)

I recently decided to sample it using my Focusrite Scarlett soundcard. I recorded each drum sound as loud as possible without affecting their peaks and kept the noise floor as low as I could. For recording, I used FL Studio 20 Edison.

The result is what I think is the cleanest sample pack of the Yamaha RX-11 available online. I've made a small demo showcasing its sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... audio-demo

These sounds are good for 80s influenced genres of music like synthwave, retrowave and even vaporwave. They have a very distinct mid-80s tone. You can get the pack here:

https://www.samplescience.ca/2019/01/sa ... 11-hd.html

I hope you'll enjoy the pack!

Good to see you back in action, Pierre. Thanks for another cool freebie!

:tu: Thanks for the freebie

Cool! Thank you. :clap:

I cant get the download to work on my phone. Will try again later on my PC.

Thanks, I used one of these many years ago, great to hear these samples! Appreciated.

Thank you for sampling these legendary drums! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I paid some $900 for mine in 1986.

jancivil wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 pm I paid some $900 for mine in 1986.
Quite impressive! At the time, it was really high tech and quite inexpensive compared to the Linn drum.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:48 pm Thanks :)
Good to know that it isn't working well on your mobile. I got a bit of hate mail because some people can't get the pack for free via Gumroad. I'll do some tests on my Android tablet to see if it works.

Edit: did some tests and it worked like a charm. Not sure what is wrong. Might have to contact Gumroad about this.

Thanks for the samples SampleScience!

Thank you!

- Mario

SampleScience wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:50 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:48 pm Thanks :)
Good to know that it isn't working well on your mobile. I got a bit of hate mail because some people can't get the pack for free via Gumroad. I'll do some tests on my Android tablet to see if it works.

Edit: did some tests and it worked like a charm. Not sure what is wrong. Might have to contact Gumroad about this.
It's not working on my laptop either (win 8.1, IE) no matter what I put in the "fair price" box I get taken back to the same page, rather than the download. IE then puts up a warning saying the page is not displaying correctly. Must be a Gumroad issue ...

Nice sounding pack, thanks for sharing!

The site download link is not working here either.
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Free Download.

Very nice. Thanks for both the Yamaha packs.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”