Riffendium By Audiofier

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone tried that? Looks like it's very versatile and has a very convenient workflow it seems. 4070 Loops – Over 7GB Seems it might be a no-brainer, i don't know. What do you think?

http://www.audiofier.com/riffendium/
What ever!

Bought it because I really like the other Audiofier products, and the demo videos seemed very good. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, though :(.

It's quite an innovative tool for guitar parts. Sequences can be randomized, duration per slice selectable, global tune adjust, plus per slice tuning adjust in semitones.
Huge array of on-board sound manipulation effects sequencers, cabinets, convolvers, etc.
Recommend to watch walk-through videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nhco6jyjeO

Yea it is pretty innovating it seems. And it looks like the best for none guitarist to make a guitar track with minimum efforts.
What ever!

Wow! Just grabbed the great deal on this, ending Aug 18--Most fun I've EVER had with a guitar sample library. Or ANY phrase-based sample collection that I can recall. The Riffendium phrase-modifying engine is truly unique and the sounds and fx are exceptional. PLus, the samples all come both direct and amp'ed, so you can really personalize them with any other amps, IRs, etc. Don't miss! Thank you Audiofier!

Agreed! This is a great library. I particularly like the excellent ambient type sounds and FX.

Here's a bit of brilliant generosity that's added a ton of joy to my use of Riffendium, from the Kontakt forum at NI, here:
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1820581

Right from the start I've been fiddling with mouse-modulating the Tune knob (and the built-in Tuning field) while articulation patterns were rolling along, but had no luck modulating these. The K Tune knob IS automatable while the Tuning field isn't, but it's been very tricky to find a DAW that works well when Host Automating changes to the Tune knob and offers useful tools for editing automation to this particular task. Logic was hopeless—didn't capture knob movement accurately and impossible to edit to get semitones; Reaper was very good at capture but hard to edit; Waveform offered the best editing, which is of course most useful, but even this was painstaking and not much fun—and I couldn't get Automation capture to work at all.

BUT, thanks to a post from Stephen23 in that Kontakt-forum topic, there's now a script that can be easily dropped into any Kontakt library that makes this work beautifully, using MIDI CC! The script, a gif and screenshots at the topic link.

Would like to see a vid of this process with Riffendium if you are inspired to do so.
I looked at thread but not getting it yet.

Yeah, it took me a while to see through the "Whoa, this is beyond me!" surface and just read what it says:) It's so simple, all done inside Kontakt. I just posted a longer gif in that topic showing the steps (there, because you can just drag a gif to the site, no saving it elsewhere…) Hope it helps, and questions welcome—enjoy:)

Thank you David, will take a look.

You're welcome:) And for those who just want the script as a Kontakt Preset, so you can most easily use it with any and all instruments, and don't have to redo the steps shown every time:
TuneMod in Semitones.nkp.zip
Put it in Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt/presets/Scripts or the PC equivalent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nice

Wow! This looks really cool,I have never played around with scripting on any level.
Can this script, mess up other VI’s? Or does it just expand the tuning range for any instrument?
I am assuming this will it automatically apply to all Kontakt instruments?
If this becomes problematic can the script be removed easily?
Trying to understand this with my drum addled brain.
Thanks
KG ;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Just having the script (any script) in the presets folder of course doesn't do or hurt anything, and once you load it to an empty tab in the Script Editor view of any instrument, it can be as easily removed or bypassed. If there's NO empty tab, you could only load a new script by removing an existing one, which would definitely break whatever the removed one was doing. But just reloading the broken instrument will fix that, assuming you hadn't saved the change, rather than Saving As… to create a new instrument, leaving the original one un-changed. I never save existing instruments, only new versions of them.

This particular script HAS to be loaded in the first open tab starting from the left, apparently. I initially didn't think it worked because I didn't do this…and it didn't do anything. I reread the directions, placed it in the first tab instead of the last, and it started working.

I've only tried it so far in Riffendium, which has the first tab empty, fortunately:) I don't know anything more about script order, but AFAIK, it doesn't change how any script works to simply slide it forward or back in the tab list, space allowing, so long as you don't change the ORDER of any existing scripts.

So, feel free to explore trying out scripts, as you can always reload to correct any weird stuff that may happen. You can also usefully experiment with deleting existing scripts in any library, just to see what happens. Anything you come up with that still works in some interesting way, simply Save As… into the same folder so you don't break the link to the samples used by the instrument you start with.

Here's some other topics where Kontakt scripts are discussed:
viewtopic.php?p=7390053
viewtopic.php?p=7465209
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113&start=150
Last edited by David on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

PS: This doesn't expand the tuning range in Kontakt, it just makes sure it can be modulated in semitones rather than cents. And I can't see any reason it wouldn't work in other instruments, depending on what sort of scripts they may already be using, which might get in the way, or not have any empty script tabs. I'll be trying it out in others, certainly, and will report anything that's not working if I remember to…:)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”