Sounds trendy in the real world, but not yet in samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:58 pmAnd it doesn't have 12 strings. It has six pairs of strings
someone clearly failed maths.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:04 pm
fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:58 pmAnd it doesn't have 12 strings. It has six pairs of strings
Someone clearly failed english:

pair (noun): A set of two things used together or regarded as a unit.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:07 pm
Soneone clearly fails at english:

someone clearly fails at logic. a pair of items being able to be regarded as a unit does not reduce the total number of items there are.

or are you going to argue that humans all only have one arm, one leg, one hand and one foot?

DSmolken wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:35 am Aha! That does make sense! So it's played pretty much like folk mandolin, not higher-pitched rock guitar or bluegrass mandolin?
in many cases it's just a lightly strummed accompaniment to bad vocals (in the instances to which i refer, i have no issue with mandolins or their players) to get spare change from unsuspecting tourists

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:09 pm
fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:07 pm
Soneone clearly fails at english:

someone clearly fails at logic. a pair of items being able to be regarded as a unit does not reduce the total number of items there are.
Which is why I wrote: "It has six pairs of strings (which isn't exactly the same thing)."
whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:09 pmor are you going to argue that humans all only have one arm, one leg, one hand and one foot?
No, I argue they have ONE PAIR of arms, ONE PAIR of legs, ONE PAIR of hands, ONE PAIR of feet. Which is not the same as simply having two arms and two legs, because no one I know has two right arms, ot two right feet (yet, if existing, those would also have two arms and two feet, right?)
Last edited by fmr on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:58 pm

And the "12 string guitar" doesn't have 12 strings. It has six pairs of strings (which isn't exactly the same thing).

I have counted them on mine, just to be sure...12 on the acoustic, 12 on the electric. I have played these f**kers for a long while, and there's always been 12. :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:17 pm

And the "12 string guitar" doesn't have 12 strings. It has six pairs of strings (which isn't exactly the same thing).

I have counted them on mine, just to be sure...12 on the acoustic, 12 on the electric. I have played these f**kers for a long while, and there's always been 12. :hihi:
So, may I conclude you don't have six pairs of strings, then? :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pmWhich is why I wrote: "It has six pairs of strings (which isn't exactly the same thing)."
But it is the same number of things, which you disputed.

No, I argue they have ONE PAIR of arms, ONE PAIR of legs, ONE PAIR of hands, ONE PAIR of foots?
Just saying, but someone who says 'a pair of foots' isnt necessarily the right person to comment on someone else's use of English.
Which is not the same as simply having two arms and two legs, because no one I know has two right arms, ot two right feet (yet, if existing, those would also have two arms and two feet, right?)
And yet the topology of the arms, legs and feet is completely irrelevant to the total number.

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Blimey...yes they do, but that makes 12 actual strings :lol: Have you got one?

beginning to think fluffy was on to something, im like the kvr kate adie, everywhere i post, war follows :o

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:19 pm Just saying, but someone who says 'a pair of foots' isnt necessarily the right person to comment on someone else's use of English.
I corrected it already. But you like to discuss nitpicks. FWIW, english is not my native language, therefore, it is natural that I may commit some mistakes, like this one, which I already corrected :roll:
whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:19 pm
fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pm Which is not the same as simply having two arms and two legs, because no one I know has two right arms, ot two right feet (yet, if existing, those would also have two arms and two feet, right?)
And yet the topology of the arms, legs and feet is completely irrelevant to the total number.
It may be irrelevant for the arithmetics, yet (and I repeat once more) six pairs isn't exactly the same thing as 12 single strings. Now, you may keep discussing semantics, but you will do it alone.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 pm

So, are you disputing that six pairs ISN'T THE SAME THING as 12 single strings?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:33 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 pm

So, are you disputing that six pairs ISN'T THE SAME THING as 12 single strings?

Really not sure what you're trying to do here. I am however sure that whatever it is, it's boring to Olympic standard and I can't be arsed. Good day.

fmr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:29 pm I corrected it already. But you like to discuss nitpicks.
Yes, Im discussing your nitpicks.
It may be irrelevant for the arithmetics
No 'may be' about it. And try and remember it was the 'arithmetics' <cough> that you decided to argue with.
Now, you may keep discussing semantics, but you will do it alone.
You're the one arguing semantics, you're just shit at it...
yet (and I repeat once more) six pairs isn't exactly the same thing as 12 single strings.
Is that a semantics argument I see before me? You're basically saying they're different strings depending on how you count them.

Interesting. I wonder why it is that they call it a '12-string guitar,' and not a '6-pairs-of-strings guitar,' then.

My car has four wheels ... or does it have 2 pairs of wheels? What about the spare wheel ... and the steering wheel? Does my car have six wheels? :help:
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”