Hollowsun Librabries, anyone use them and opinions please!!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi fellow Kvrers

Has anybody recently purchased Hollowsun Libraries? How are they and what is your experience with them?

Regards
Surreal

I haven't purchased anything recently, but have quite a few from years past. Really good stuff, thanks for reminding me that I have them.

Not recently. Hollow Sun has been around longer than most, when I first found it, it has been serving samples for Akai hardware and Kontakt was at version 1 and not a big player yet. Samples are good, I have the whole Nostalgia package and some of the new stuff. Stephen Howell has been a sound designer since early 70's and he knew his stuff. You need to take account that he is no longer with us, Hollow Sun is a kind of legacy site now I think. Evil Dragon has been scripting the new line of instruments and as far as I noticed he is now maintaining the site. So it's a legacy site, but I'm sure you can get best support if you needed it. There are some gems there, go explore.

This is wonderful stuff. I have nearly all the HS offerings. No matter that the last new one is now several years old. A lot of these libraries are based on vintage gear in any case. And as already pointed out, Mr. Howell being no longer with us does not mean these libraries are not supported. They are very well supported.

Just check out the demos on the web site. If that sort of sound appeals to you, then buy a few titles. I suspect you'll be coming back for more.

What really want to know is more about 3 of the Libraries,The Fairlight emulator one and the pulsor one and nebulae one.. what I am searchimg for is nice vocal pad textures and swirling pads... but with lots of presets and tweakability which one should I buy as I am very limited financially and can only chose one

Anyone able to help me?

if you want nice vocal textures and swirling pads and you only have money for one hollowsun soundset i would recommend nebulae
http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/products/nebulae/index.htm
it is not expensive and you support steven's family...
cheers

surreal wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:17 pm What really want to know is more about 3 of the Libraries,The Fairlight emulator one and the pulsor one and nebulae one.. what I am searchimg for is nice vocal pad textures and swirling pads... but with lots of presets and tweakability which one should I buy as I am very limited financially and can only chose one
Vintage Samplers has 32 patches, Pulstar has 52 patches, Nebulae has 126 patches.

I guess if you want lots of presets, then Nebulae wins. :)

Thank you for that ED. Much appreciated :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”