Kontakt 6 - No More NKI Export

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please refer all reports to our Bug Reports system, we can take care of it and respond to you there.

Also, just a small correction: We only write to v4.1 and below because NI restricts composing modulators/filters/effects on v4.2 and above. Since anything v4.2 and above reads anything v4.1 and below, and because anything v4.2 and above doesn't really add anything important, we just write to v4.1 and below and that serves v4.2->latest just fine. In fact we recommend writing v3.5 as that was a very stable version, but writing to v4.1 should be fine too.
Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
support@chickensys.com
http://www.chickensys.com

These upgrades were done to make the software more stable. The older versions presented problems and security issues, so Kontakt 6 has corrected these problems. It only makes sense to upgrade at this point. No need to use error-prone and non-secure software these days. We have to trust in the future instead of living in the past.
To the stars through desire.

Desire Inspires wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:31 pm These upgrades were done to make the software more stable. [...]
No it wasn’t. These changes were to protect the financial interests of Native Instruments and their business partners selling Kontakt libraries.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm
Desire Inspires wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:31 pm These upgrades were done to make the software more stable. [...]
No it wasn’t. These changes were to protect the financial interests of Native Instruments and their business partners selling Kontakt libraries.
That is an added benefit, not the primary benefit. And why would it be a bad thing for a company to protect its financial interests? A company with solid finances is better able to provide enhanced products and greater customer service. I have dealt with poorly funded companies. It is very hard to support those companies.

Bad news was back when Apple bought Logic and Camel Audio to make them macOS exclusive but that here aren't bad news for sure. Hope NI only get stronger and stronger not that one day Apple decide to collect them to their portfolio too. :lol:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Desire Inspires wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:31 pm These upgrades were done to make the software more stable. The older versions presented problems and security issues, so Kontakt 6 has corrected these problems. No need to use error-prone and non-secure software these days.
What stability and security issues (regarding NKI import and export) are you speaking of?
Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
support@chickensys.com

chickeneps wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:12 pm What stability and security issues (regarding NKI import and export) are you speaking of?
The issues that come with using software from years ago. Hackers are always creating programs to disable and take over data from people that do not keep up to date with enhanced security features. I mean, do you really want to take risks with your hardware and software? Not me.

Um, yeah, in banking software, OS, business stuff like SQL but i’m not sure anyone’s ever hacked through Kontakt to steal your data.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Security or "stability" (whatever is meant by that) had no basis on Kontakt 6 and it's restricted import or export. The importer was actually a separate component, export doesn't load new data, and neither have any impact on the performance of the app. I think you are getting Kontakt confused with a web browser. =)
Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
support@chickensys.com

mladi wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:26 pm Bad news was back when Apple bought Logic and Camel Audio to make them macOS exclusive but that here aren't bad news for sure. Hope NI only get stronger and stronger not that one day Apple decide to collect them to their portfolio too. :lol:
It's just the opposite way:

The more prosperous NI becomes, and the more they have a monopole,
the more interesting NI is for Apple. So the probability that Apple will
buy NI will increase!

Remember the take-over of Emagic: They did it just as it was clear that
Emagic Logic was the best and most versatile DAW. That was the signal
for Apple to buy Emagic.

And: The price doesn't matter for Apple - they have enough money
for anything.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”