Loopcloud 4 out!!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trusampler wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:01 pm where's version 4? How do I download it
It's now out.

https://www.loopcloud.net/

And it's beautiful :love:

I'll never buy samples from any other place than Loopmasters for sure :hyper:

I didn't even get an email you guys are fast. This comes on the heals of ADSR releasing a huge update to they're sample manager making it standalone with pitch detection and all, now finally Loopcloud 4. WTTBA!

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Very creative. I'm using my samples in a way I'd never have thought if working only in DAW. Superhuge thank you for Loopmasters and Mr Credland for bringing this to us :tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:42 am Very creative. I'm using my samples in a way I'd never have thought if working only in DAW. Superhuge thank you for Loopmasters and Mr Credland for bringing this to us :tu:
Is it running better for you now? You said you had over 130k samples and it was kind of slow. I have a lot of sample as well and just wanted to know the performance.

Better. Still not as fast as without own samples but better than v3 was.

Very nice.

The shortcomings are that the key shortcuts are erratic or don’t work with azerty keyboards, and that the transients get muffled even at original tempo so I can’t use the features to full potential. Will use this one though, well done and free.

You can set the shortcuts to your liking from the settings 😉

Send examples of transient issues, and keyboard shortcut issues to support@loopmasters.com. We will have a look.

Regarding the search performance: we will be improving things, but it should be like a rocket ship on a reasonable computer with only 100k samples. If you've got issues with 130k samples in your db we might need to have a think ... can you send a screen capture video maybe?

Our performance test box has 1 million samples in the database. That computer admittedly is too slow when doing initial searches after startup, but gets reasonable on the second search. We will be looking at this, as essentially instant would be nice :)
Devious Machines

For reference on my, admittedly zippy, macbook with 138,000 samples searches with few results are taking about 200ms, searches with lots (e.g. 'drum' take about 1 second to run the first time and < 500ms to run a second time).

So if you are getting results substantially slower than this let me know.
Devious Machines

Hm.. I have a tiny feeling that my hd might be the issue then. Not a ssd, I should upgrade that and see what happens.

Well, we did do some tests on a regular HDD with a large library and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I'd be tempted to have a poke at activity monitor or task manager and see if you can figure out whether it's CPU or disk IO that's the issue.
Devious Machines

Disk usage is high, doesn't really affect the cpu.

Is there anyway to remove sub-folders from the library? It seems like I can only remove the root. I would like to add my Maschine Expansions folder to the library but it would be sloppy since the sub-folders have things like "Documentation", "Groups", and "Projects".

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”