Kontakt 6 new features

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, take a look at this interesting piece of information on some of the new features in Kontakt 6 and make up your mind:
chickensys.com/news/20180927/lockedin.php

Thanks NI (and creators of anything that will need K6 to run) … I won't support any of that sort of business and my hard-earned €€€ goes elsewhere.
Last edited by atya on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 am K5 was released in Jan 2012, so not really 8 years. Also do note that K5 received the most updates compared to any other version of Kontakt.

It's probably going to be rolling updates from here on out, so big version number won't matter that much (in fact I suppose this is why they removed the big version number from plugin name).
Does this mean K6 will replace K5, or can they both run together?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:30 amDoes this mean K6 will replace K5, or can they both run together?
I have both Kontakt 5 and 6 installed alongside each other quite happily. V6 just appears as Kontakt in the VST list.

atya wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:17 am Well, take a look at this interesting piece of information on some of the new features in Kontakt 6 and make up your mind:
chickensys.com/news/20180927/lockedin.php

Thanks NI (and creators of anything that will need K6 to run) … I won't support any of that sort of business and my hard-earned €€€ goes elsewhere.
That seems really misleading. Despite what ChickenSys are saying about its effect on sampleset developers, the only people that'll really be affected is people trying to convert Kontakt libraries they didnt make themselves, who need a third-party tool like ChickenSys to do that.
If you're making your own sample library, you dont need to convert from an NKI in the first place.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:39 amIf you're making your own sample library, you dont need to convert from an NKI in the first place.
What if you're making sample sets, and you want to distribute them in multiple formats, for others to use in their sampler of choice?

Do Kontakt 6's new restrictions make that more awkward?
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:13 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:39 amIf you're making your own sample library, you dont need to convert from an NKI in the first place.
What if you're making sample sets, and you want to distribute them in multiple formats, for others to use in their sampler of choice?

Do Kontakt 6's new restrictions make that more awkward?
Only if you dont make samplesets on the actual sampler they're intended for.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

waste of bloody money!

Anyone know what was updated in the 3 new libraries?

Hey there I have a question regarding Kontakt, I hope it's not a problem! I started experimenting with wavetables but I experienced something VERY strange...the D and D# notes sound a bit different! Did anyone else experience this? I tried with different wavetables and the result was always the same... D and D# sound ummmm...a bit softer or something...

I have K5 and was going to skip K6.
With a possible no K7 release I will be forever be in K5land limbo.
Frightening!

DustID wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:20 pm Hey there I have a question regarding Kontakt, I hope it's not a problem! I started experimenting with wavetables but I experienced something VERY strange...the D and D# notes sound a bit different! Did anyone else experience this? I tried with different wavetables and the result was always the same... D and D# sound ummmm...a bit softer or something...
Known bug being fixed.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 pm
DustID wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:20 pm Hey there I have a question regarding Kontakt, I hope it's not a problem! I started experimenting with wavetables but I experienced something VERY strange...the D and D# notes sound a bit different! Did anyone else experience this? I tried with different wavetables and the result was always the same... D and D# sound ummmm...a bit softer or something...
Known bug being fixed.
Thanks man! I've almost lost my sanity trying to fix it :) I hope it will be fixed soon! Oh, by the way, could I contact you in private about a few questions? Hvala vam!

You can try. :)

Someone already asked a question related to Kontakt 6 but not necessarily to the topic at hand, so I'm gonna do the same:

What does Kontakt 6 (as opposed to, e.g. Komplete 12) actually include? Bafflingly, there does not seem to be any list of the actual instruments, etc. that come with it anywhere on NI's site. Google searches have made me none the wiser. Sure, NI's site does list a couple of the featured instruments (and mentions a mysterious 55 GB of samples), but I'd like to get the whole picture of what I'm spending 400 bucks on before I make that investment. Can anybody help me out?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”