Kontakt 6 new features

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

K5 was released in Jan 2012, so not really 8 years. Also do note that K5 received the most updates compared to any other version of Kontakt.

It's probably going to be rolling updates from here on out, so big version number won't matter that much (in fact I suppose this is why they removed the big version number from plugin name).

EvilDragon wrote:It's probably going to be rolling updates from here on out, so big version number won't matter that much (in fact I suppose this is why they removed the big version number from plugin name).
Does that mean there won't be a "Kontakt 7," it'll just be K6 with updates from now on? (Kind of like what Microsoft said they planned to do with Windows 10 so the version number "wouldn't matter" anymore?)

That's anyone's guess, really. I don't have firm info (and if I did, I wouldn't be able to share it).

The new KONTAKT 6 libraries sound great... Analog Dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnMrz6eOGzM

:tu:

I had a sense that Ethereal Earth would be great. I'm glad I bought this update sooner rather than later, for once.

dtekproduk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:35 pm The new KONTAKT 6 libraries sound great... Analog Dreams:

Hmm from something like NI i expected much better, more alive sound. Overal sound sounds a little bit hollow. I suppose NI for this expansion is using wavetables module.

Wavetable module is only one part there.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:New GUI, no?
no
Huh. Thought I'd read someone say the new version was going to come with support for high-PPI displays and be resizable. Thanks for correcting me.
It was kind of beat to death in another thread, but as a user there isn't much here. 3 synths, a couple of reverbs and effects. But no real change. Evidently there is some stuff for library devs. But, I don't see anything that suggests this is K6. More like a 5.9. I don't really have a huge issue. But it was a bit disappointing to wait 8 or whatever years for a couple of synths and reverbs. I don't see myself updating any time soon.
I demoed Kontakt 6 and I agree, its more of 5.9 then 6. Kontakt needs a new GUI for quite some time, ever since we were introduced to bigger screens with higher resolutions.

Quite dissapointing update in general and more over much more dissapointing Komplete 12U upgrade (witch is subjective ofcourse). Only crush pack seems to be interesting for me, and MAssive x witch is yet to found ot if its worth the upgrade...

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:35 am Wavetable module is only one part there.
Still doesnt change the fact it sounds hollow :D

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:40 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:New GUI, no?
no
Huh. Thought I'd read someone say the new version was going to come with support for high-PPI displays and be resizable. Thanks for correcting me.
It was kind of beat to death in another thread, but as a user there isn't much here. 3 synths, a couple of reverbs and effects. But no real change. Evidently there is some stuff for library devs. But, I don't see anything that suggests this is K6. More like a 5.9. I don't really have a huge issue. But it was a bit disappointing to wait 8 or whatever years for a couple of synths and reverbs. I don't see myself updating any time soon.
I demoed Kontakt 6 and I agree, its more of 5.9 then 6. Kontakt needs a new GUI for quite some time, ever since we were introduced to bigger screens with higher resolutions.

Quite dissapointing update in general and more over much more dissapointing Komplete 12U upgrade (witch is subjective ofcourse). Only crush pack seems to be interesting for me, and MAssive x witch is yet to found ot if its worth the upgrade...
I can't find a demo so how did you demo it?

I think it's not a spectacular update too but if NI are going to keep incrementally adding features as they have throughout the K5 cycle and given the new modules and builder features I think a nominal '6' is reasonable - just ;)

man, my update hasn't even shipped yet :(
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Check your Native Access app, there should be Kontakt 6 Player in it (Not installed section), it gives you demo mode when you add a sample/wavetable to play around :)

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:31 am
dtekproduk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:35 pm The new KONTAKT 6 libraries sound great... Analog Dreams:

Hmm from something like NI i expected much better, more alive sound. Overal sound sounds a little bit hollow. I suppose NI for this expansion is using wavetables module.
Ok that video audio seems to be in mono (why i dont get it). So hopefuly some one will make a proper sound demo out of it :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”