SFZ format documentation

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bjoerns Sample Mapper

I don’t, offhand. I sold all of them except Renoise. I seem to recall that Redux was a particularly useful SFZ player and Falcon not so much.

That's fine, I can just list them without details, then look the information up later.

The Wusik stuff plays SFZ....Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik One and the new EVE version 5.

....but I just tried to load your bongos_rr.sfz from drummers paradise into the Wusik stuff and got the message that hirand and lorand not supported, so no round robin I guess.

lorand/hirand are SFZ v1... So not supporting them implies it could be a pretty limited implementation.

And they're for "random robin" - round robin uses seq_length / seq_position :).

Yeah, seq_length/seq_position might work, you can do some search/replace and get those files working in Wusik that way if you really want to, but I'm not surprised that there would be a lot of limited implementations - with basic pitch, round robin and velocity stuff you can still map some basic drum or piano samples.

Has anyone ever documented Kontakt's SFZ import support? It failed on the first of my drum kits I tried so I didn't bother after that but it might be nice to know.

Also doesn't DirectWave support SFZ import and export now? I've heard that, but haven't tried.

pljones wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:50 pm lorand/hirand are SFZ v1... So not supporting them implies it could be a pretty limited implementation.

And they're for "random robin" - round robin uses seq_length / seq_position :).
Ah right, good to know.

Actually my engine does feature round-robin, but it doesn't setup the SFZ file. Maybe something I could add in the next update. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm Actually my engine does feature round-robin, but it doesn't setup the SFZ file. Maybe something I could add in the next update. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK
Well, the more unlimited your sfz implementation can be, the more fun we can have integrating external sfz with your whole incredible layers maze!

WilliamK wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm Actually my engine does feature round-robin, but it doesn't setup the SFZ file. Maybe something I could add in the next update. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK
Yeah, and since Native Instruments closes its Kontakt-6-format the sfz-format
becomes more and more important! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Could someone PM me a link or email me a file that uses the random or round-robin opcodes? I will see if my SFZ code can read those or try to add to it, as I'm using a 3rd party importer to my engine. In my engine I have multiple types of round-robin options...

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:25 pm Could someone PM me a link or email me a file that uses the random or round-robin opcodes? I will see if my SFZ code can read those or try to add to it, as I'm using a 3rd party importer to my engine. In my engine I have multiple types of round-robin options...

Cheers, WilliamK
I'll email the one I talked about above that has the random thing.
I'll hunt around for something with the round robin seq_length / seq_position thing but I'd say pljones or DSmolken would be able to more quickly help with that.

EDIT: email sent.

Sorry for the delay, I got it, will work on this as soon as I finish the new code I'm working for a Shared Folder between all products. :-)

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”