ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADSR Sample Manager

Zexila wrote:If I could make another suggestion/request, about accessing libraries/folders, right now search and main browser are sum of all libraries user added, my suggestion is liberty to browse different folders/tree and specify where to search, so for example if I could only search and access my "Kicks" folder, not my whole "Drums" folder.
That's already underway, it'll be in the next major update.

marvotron wrote:
Zexila wrote:If I could make another suggestion/request, about accessing libraries/folders, right now search and main browser are sum of all libraries user added, my suggestion is liberty to browse different folders/tree and specify where to search, so for example if I could only search and access my "Kicks" folder, not my whole "Drums" folder.
That's already underway, it'll be in the next major update.
Amazing guys! :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I would love to see REX/RX2 support in the product. Would be important to me.

Version 1.1.0 Was just released.

New Libraries panel : Search within a library or library sub-folder

Multiselect samples in the list : Add / Remove Tags, Favourites and BPM editing

AND / OR tag search option

Few other bits and pieces and lots of improvements / fixes.

feedback as always is very welcome.

Nice, the "AND" option is a huge improvement to me, the file scanning seems way faster too, thanks!

You rock guys! :hug: :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Just installed this - looking for a sample manager so trying this and Sononym. So far Sononym seems more stable and I prefer a standalone to a plugin - ADSR crashed the first time I added a sample folder to it and being a plugin this means it also crashed the host.

marvotron wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 am
twolegstoneworks wrote:
blazarian wrote:Not yet tested the software, but interested to know that does it have some kind of smart algorithm to automatically add tags and analyze the samples for metadata or so?
There definately is some sort of algorithm, which adds tags, but if it does anything besides scanning the filenames, I'm not sure.
At the moment it's entirely file (and sometimes folder) name based for tagging. The one shot / loop classification uses a combination of audio length and RMS level analysis, mainly for detecting long one shots (cymbals and such) rather than detecting short 2 beat 190 bpm gabber drum loops as loops. :)

Music Information Retrieval (MIR) is something we've discussed and are actively looking at but it's not something well established enough to just provide you with sets of immediately useful parameters for searching audio.

Sononym was just released : https://www.sononym.net/ which does use MIR techniques among other ideas (similarity searches, ML classification). I've only played around with it for about an hour, so I don't really have a strong opinion on how it works for me as a musician trying to find sounds. It does have a very nice UI though and I have a lot of respect for the people who made it (the Renoise devs afaik).

There's also Atlas : https://www.algonaut.tech/ which does some kind of MIR analysis and dimensionality reduction to group drums on a 2d plane. I like their inclusion of drum kit building.

For us the biggest request we have for that type of information is for the musical key BUT often when I ask the requester to elaborate on how they want to work with musical key information they rarely offer any insight. So i'm asking you all here:

What would you want / expect from having Musical Key available as sample metadata?

Is the root note more useful / important in practice than the musical key?

I know this idea really depends on the type of user you are : if you use it for 'shorter' samples then musical key is often not even applicable to the content in your library whereas I think this request for Musical Key often comes from people who want to work with their music collection (DJs , remixers etc..)

So our focus is always going to be on samples, after all ADSRs main business is selling samples and patches, not tracks for DJs :)
Atlas would be interesting if it wasn't just for drum samples.

I love this as a creative tool, randomly firing samples, moving the start point and playing them up and down the keyboard gives really interesting results.

Anyway, I've upgraded to version 1.1.0 and the plug stopped working. Here's what Logic Pro X is saying on the AU Validation tool:

validating Audio Unit ADSR Sample Manager by ADSR:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'Axhg' - 'ADSR'
Manufacturer String: ADSR
AudioUnit Name: ADSR Sample Manager
Component Version: 1.1.0 (0x10100)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -1,0xFFFFFFFF

validation result: couldn’t be opened
---------

Any ideas?

Thanks for the report and sorry about the issues anyone is facing. We've got a couple of fixes almost ready to roll out but please send your info to support and if you've already contacted support they should be assisting you in getting us your database and config files so we can investigate. For now if you have issues just stick with 1.0.7.

Thanks for your patience.

A volume control is really needed. I use ADSR Sample Manager as a standalone and I would like to control the volume because my host have not such fancy things. Thanks
rabbit in a hole

We just released Version 1.2

Lots of fixes and changes since I last posted here. :)

Some 1.2 Highlights :

- Standalone version of plugin.
- Key detection from filename, and filtering by Key.
- Added Saved Searches.
- Added automatic refreshing of Libraries and file system watching for changes whilst plugin is open.
- Transpose
- Zero latency playback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN_FiuBTfic

- Add libraries by dropping folder(s) onto the UI.
This is the best new feature for me, I recently moved all my samples to another drive and was not looking forward to adding everything again folder by folder. Now I could just select them all and drag them to the UI. :tu:

Full release notes:
New:

- Standalone version of plugin.
- Updated UI.
- Added Key detection from filename, and filtering by Key.
- Added Saved Searches.
- Added Recent Files list.
- Added automatic refreshing of Libraries and file system watching for changes whilst plugin is open.
- Added popover for sample name, Library and Folder tags.
- Added text tags.
- Added automatic Rendered Files library if user picks a custom location.
- Added filter by sample's folder/library context menu items.
- Show number of samples in sample list.
- Allow click on path to open source in library info popup.
- Allow adding of more than one folder when adding a library (macOS only, standard multiselect mechanism).
- Automatically transpose samples to target key.
- Transpose samples by a fixed amount.
- Sample BPM restored from project state.
- Add libraries by dropping folder(s) onto the UI.
- Zero latency playback.
- Loop and One-shot "tags" in search bar when filtering.
- Added option to reset/rescan key information.
- Show overall analysis progress.

Fixes/Improvements:

- Show full sample list when removing last favourite and showing favourites.
- Sort folders in location panel.
- Apply the tags from original file to rendered file.
- Fixed crash when a MIDI event occurs at the same time as changing a sound.
- Fix sample list resetting to top of list in certain circumstances.
- Scroll tag list to position of newly added tag.
- Sort arrows now sort ascending on first click.
- Improved random sample selection to not pick same sample twice in a row.
- Improved sort by BPM to show loops first.
- Improved performance of library folder view.
- Fixed locating multiple missing libraries.
- Attribute filters enabled when no libraries present.
- Sync mode shortcut keys now disabled when sync disabled.
- Crash in Reaper with multiple instances.
- Space bar stops already previewing sample in standalone (assignable in plugin).
- Fixed VST3 reloading in FL Studio.
- Sample playback mode when reloading.
- Crash when closing plugin window with shortcut editor open.
- Occasional crash when cancelling tagging.
- Incorrect tagging percentage reported in Library panel.
- Rescanning whole library for keys.

Thanks for the update, I've been looking forward to the standalone app. Also a big thumbs up for the destinations page on your windows installer and your choice of destination folders.

Zero latency playback means you can now perfectly integrate this into your music in lieu of your DAW sampler.

Perfect!

This plugin is a godsend. THANK YOU!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”