ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADSR Sample Manager

The update is out, you can now filter 'untagged' files. You'll have to scroll to the bottom of the tags panel to see the Untagged option.

Release notes are here : https://software.adsrsounds.com/sample_ ... enotes.php

Enjoy :)

We're working hard on the bigger features like library and folder based filtering so the next update won't be as quick as this one but hopefully not too far away.

Please implement RX2 support, I'm sure many people would appreciate this.

Cheers ;-)

marvotron wrote:The update is out, you can now filter 'untagged' files. You'll have to scroll to the bottom of the tags panel to see the Untagged option.

We're working hard on the bigger features like library and folder based filtering so the next update won't be as quick as this one but hopefully not too far away.

Great idea and a plugin which is quite needed but something i really disliked about it is that the tag search works applying the operator OR (not AND).
So for instance if you want to search for FUNK, GUITAR, ACOUSTIC instead of getting what you looking for, you get ALL the funk (included drumloops tec) all the guitars and all the acoustics samples....
If you serch with tags TECHNO DRUMS you get all the techno samples and all the drum samples , not just what you really want which is techno drums!!
That alone makes the plugin useless to me ( i am on Ableton so i can search for all the techno samples , or all the drums just using the browser) hopefully it will be changed in the future cause really it doesn't make sense....
Also multitagging (tagging multiple samples or multiple folders at once) its necessary cause tagging thousands of samples one by one is crazy....
This plugin compared to Audiofinder has the major advantage of being inside the DAW (synced and with drag and drop option) but for tagging, searching is really still in a primitive stage..lets see!!

This software is a godsend thank you adsr. if it could detect chords OMG!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: if it could detect chords OMG!
Detecting chords or Keys is very complicate and being a free plugin with already a long list of "to do" i don't think so but it could be much more simple to read the suffix that another program has written (like Mixed in Key or Keyfinder)
For instance funkguitwah02_C# then easily it could be tagged as C# inside ADSR

loopus wrote:
trusampler wrote: if it could detect chords OMG!
Detecting chords or Keys is very complicate and being a free plugin with already a long list of "to do" i don't think so but it could be much more simple to read the suffix that another program has written (like Mixed in Key or Keyfinder)
For instance funkguitwah02_C# then easily it could be tagged as C# inside ADSR
Spot on Loopus. Key / chord detection is quite complicated but we are working on it. As you say using existing suffixes is a good start and we'll definitely be using them.

Hey Marvotron are you part of the plugin developing team?
Can you give me an explanation about why is not possible to do a logic operator "AND" search?
(for instance "funk" AND "guitar" AND "acoustic" )?
Instead by default the search use the operator OR which is pretty useless....
if you search on Google "funk" "guitar" "acoustic" Google is going to presume that you mean AND and will give you first the results that include all the 3 words, because usually AND is the default...

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!! (well at least to me ;-)

That's a deal-breaker for me, too, free software or not.

loopus wrote:Hey Marvotron are you part of the plugin developing team?
Can you give me an explanation about why is not possible to do a logic operator "AND" search?
(for instance "funk" AND "guitar" AND "acoustic" )?
Instead by default the search use the operator OR which is pretty useless....
if you search on Google "funk" "guitar" "acoustic" Google is going to presume that you mean AND and will give you first the results that include all the 3 words, because usually AND is the default...

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!! (well at least to me ;-)
+1

"And" is a lot more useful than "or".

"Or" adds more results, most of the time I'm trying to constrain.

[edit:]

Also, seems the default tags take the folders/path into account, but the user tags don't? IMO, user tags should take folders/path into account too.

Yes, i'm one of the developers.

The AND / OR situation was discussed and tested at length. In the end the ORs came out ahead of the ANDs although I personally prefer AND.

At some point we will provide a choice to at least choose between one or the other as a 'global' option. It most likely won't be in the next update, that will be focused on tagging / working with multiple files as well as library based filtering.

The best I can suggest is to email your request to support@adsrsounds.com and request it on facebook. The more visible the need for it is, the more likely it will get chosen ahead of other features.

@pottering : Yes, you're right. There's a different code path there and the user tag isn't checking parent folders. We'll make sure to get them synced up. Thanks.

@marvotron quote: "The AND / OR situation was discussed and tested at length. In the end the ORs came out ahead of the ANDs although I personally prefer AND"
there is a nother solution in fact and that is to have both, at first the restricted AND results and then OR
for instance first the results with "funky" AND "guitar" AND "acoustics" then only "funky" AND "guitar" then "funky" AND "acoustics" , "acoustics" AND "guitar", followed by only "funky" only "guitar" only " acoustics" , that way you could have both the results....
anyway i will mail support and thanks for the answers here...

loopus wrote:@marvotron quote: "The AND / OR situation was discussed and tested at length. In the end the ORs came out ahead of the ANDs although I personally prefer AND"
there is a nother solution in fact and that is to have both, at first the restricted AND results and then OR
for instance first the results with "funky" AND "guitar" AND "acoustics" then only "funky" AND "guitar" then "funky" AND "acoustics" , "acoustics" AND "guitar", followed by only "funky" only "guitar" only " acoustics" , that way you could have both the results....
anyway i will mail support and thanks for the answers here...
you could do that, but it would require a lot of thought and engineering to combine all those result sets with other filters, both in terms of querying the data and presenting it to the user.

At the moment we're constrained by what is feasible with SQL (via SQLite), keeping things responsive for people who have huge libraries and not using all of your system memory.

If we could find an embedded / native equivalent of Elasticsearch then we could support all kinds of crazy queries like 'Techno and (Kick or Snare) not HiHat, looped, less than a month old and between 100 and 140 bpm', and the results would be suitably weighted according to the filters, but Elastic runs on the JVM and we don't want to be spinning up our own java VM every time you load the plugin.

Not to say that query isn't possible in SQL but it requires a lot more up front planning, testing and benchmarking.

as always, thanks for the comments and critiques. keep em coming :)

"Techno and (Kick or Snare) not HiHat, looped, less than a month old and between 100 and 140 bpm"
YES YES YES i like that, that's what we need guys, that's the real target....
;-) ;-) ;-)

marvotron wrote:Yes, i'm one of the developers.

The AND / OR situation was discussed and tested at length. In the end the ORs came out ahead of the ANDs although I personally prefer AND.
OR is completely useless under all circumstances. If you really want OR you can still search each word individually and get where you need to.
OR is for small collections and obviously your colleages never worked/tested with big collections.
Small collections don’t need that software!

Its as simple as that...

Discuss it again!

Only if you want to avoid empty search results it would do something, but what is wrong with finding nothing if nothing is there?
There is not a single advantage for OR...!!!

marvotron wrote:The update is out, you can now filter 'untagged' files. You'll have to scroll to the bottom of the tags panel to see the Untagged option.

F-Secure Computer Protection (company: https://www.f-secure.com) reports your website as harmful and blocks it.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”