ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADSR Sample Manager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF70RqV8sIc

Anyone tried this yet? Seems like it could be a good tool for tagging and managing sample collections.

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/soft ... e-manager/

SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT

Tried it with 3 different browsers.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Worked now ! Seems my provider blocked it.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

handy plugin, and for free - i like it :)

i've been using it today, initial sample scan is really quick and the automatic tagging is great, definitely see myself using this a lot

Unless you have a ton of rex files.

Will stick with Audiofinder ;-)

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Hello , i have a problem with adsr sample manager , he doesn't appear in my DAW. I'm on Mac, osx Yosemite 10.10.x, Ableton 9 , installation is successfull , but when i open ableton it doesn't appear in the plugin list. I check and ADSR Sample Manager.vst is in my vst folder, all seems good. :/ any clue?

Great tool ! Works fine on windows 7.

mczo wrote:Hello , i have a problem with adsr sample manager , he doesn't appear in my DAW. I'm on Mac, osx Yosemite 10.10.x, Ableton 9 , installation is successfull , but when i open ableton it doesn't appear in the plugin list. I check and ADSR Sample Manager.vst is in my vst folder, all seems good. :/ any clue?
Hi, I'm one of the developers.

We've not had many reports of problems on OSX and Ableton so hopefully we can get it resolved.

Is your Ableton 32 or 64 bit? Unfortunately we don't supply 32 bit versions of the plugin on mac.

If it's 64 bit then can you see if there are any files at all in /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/ADSR

If there are can you zip them up and send a report to support@adsrsounds.com

thanks.

@marvotron

As one of the developers, maybe you can answer if there will be any .rex/.rx2 support in coming updates? Or would that be associated with a license fee?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

We've had a few requests for this and I did just look at the Propellerheads licensing for Recycle support which is free. So the cost of development would be integration and testing. Afaik there are no plans to make this a paid plugin.

I think that if there are enough requests for it then we'll look at it seriously but I'll be honest with you it still probably wouldn't be high on the list of priorities. You might have to fight Pro Tools users to see if .rx2 gets a higher place on the list instead of AAX support :)

Email support@adsrsounds.com and request it and if you know other people who want it, get them to do the same. Or comment on the ADSR facebook. All of that feeds back into the decision making process.

Sorry I can't be more positive / concrete than that. We're always actively reading emails, comments, forums etc and talking about what we see from users and where do we go from here.

so far this seems really good. the initial scan was very fast...but now its "analyzing" at a glacial pace.

but still i like it. one question though...and sorry if i just missed something...in the libraries panel it shows the folder i pointed to...but after that...no folder tree with sub folders and such. maybe i need to wait for the analyzing to be done? i dont know.

i have 53000+ samples (which probably isnt even that many compared to a lot of people) which i took the time to organize in a specific way. i keep them all in a "wav" folder on an external drive. sample manager isnt (and didnt) going to get all the tags right....and didnt even tag a bunch of them at all. being able to resort to my own folder tree to search for a sample within the plugin would be great.

right now in the libraries panel it shows:

Wav
E:\Wav

but that is not able to be interacted with at all. it would be great to be able to actually click on that and go down the folder tree. right now im not sure how to locate missed or improperly taged/categorized samples.
ImageImageImage

Folder browsing is something we are actively working on, how long until it's done I don't know. I'm the same as you in that my sample folders are very carefully organized and I generally know where I want to start looking so it's definitely a feature i'm voting for as well :)

What you can do before you use the plugin too much is when adding the root folder, E:\Wav, hold Shift as you click the Add Library button. You should see it turn green. What this does is instead adds every subfolder of E:\Wav as its own library. PLEASE NOTE, this still doesn't improve how you find stuff right now BUT we are working on filtering by library which is likely to come before the folder browser.
So that would allow you to at least filter at the top level (under E:\Wav).

As for 53k samples, I thought I had a lot at 70k but when testers started complaining about slow response and they said 'btw, i've got probably 350k+ samples' I realised that there are some huge libraries out there. :)

The ability to see untagged samples is coming in the next update which will be soon (days rather than months)
Then filtering by library, then sometime after that a folder browser. I really couldn't give timescales on those though.

thanks for the feedback. its all really helpful.

marvotron wrote:Folder browsing is something we are actively working on, how long until it's done I don't know. I'm the same as you in that my sample folders are very carefully organized and I generally know where I want to start looking so it's definitely a feature i'm voting for as well :)

What you can do before you use the plugin too much is when adding the root folder, E:\Wav, hold Shift as you click the Add Library button. You should see it turn green. What this does is instead adds every subfolder of E:\Wav as its own library. PLEASE NOTE, this still doesn't improve how you find stuff right now BUT we are working on filtering by library which is likely to come before the folder browser.
So that would allow you to at least filter at the top level (under E:\Wav).

As for 53k samples, I thought I had a lot at 70k but when testers started complaining about slow response and they said 'btw, i've got probably 350k+ samples' I realised that there are some huge libraries out there. :)

The ability to see untagged samples is coming in the next update which will be soon (days rather than months)
Then filtering by library, then sometime after that a folder browser. I really couldn't give timescales on those though.

thanks for the feedback. its all really helpful.
sweet! thanks for the quick response and tip, i look forward to the improvements. this is already a useful tool...and a generous freebee. :tu:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”