Anyone tried Spitfire Audio's free Labs plugin implementation....?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote:I've had a problem with it - I keep getting the error message - it seems from their site I'm not alone - Windows 7, Cubase 9.5.
I can not get the VST3 version to receive MIDI CC information, it would seem that they missed putting in correct code: wonder if Phobos has same problem, if so, glad I didn't purchase it! :P

I said I thought this thing is clunky. However I now have it working. Thanks to Jack (or was it Jake?) on Spitfire's responsive chat bot thingy who told me they are aware of issues on Windows and are working on them.

For the benefit of others who may be having problems with this on Windows 10/Live 10:

I located the VST2 and moved it to my Live VST custom folder.
The "repair" option in the Spitfire app appears to only download the "patches" and "presets" folders, not the sample folder.
The "reset" option in the app (I think this is new - I am sure it was not there last time I tried - it might be a good idea to re download the app installer) downloads the samples folder (and maybe presets and patches as well - not sure).
Finally I pointed the "locate" option at the "Spitfire Audio -LABS" folder - not the folder above where this folder is sitting, which is contrary to previous advice in this thread. I think this may also be a change.

If the installer could be updated to ask you which VST format you require and where to put it and explained the difference between "repair, reset and locate" I would say this thing is not clunky.

Anyway - an excellent freebie from Spitfire with lots of potential given the promised future additions. Thanks.

I cant get it to work. I downloaded the Soft Piano & the Spitfire App, but was unable to download Strings. Then, after installing, the plugin doesn't show up in Live 10 ... I've uninstalled it.

I wanted to delete my account and personal info as the software is no use to me, but when I contacted Spitfire, support said they cannot delete my account. They can only cancel it, so that I can no longer access it. Very odd imho (and possibly illegal?)
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank goodness they dropped Kontakt for the labs... :roll:

jsp1979 wrote:Thank goodness they dropped Kontakt for the labs... :roll:
My Kontakt Labs libraries are still working perfectly fine here. :)

funky lime wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:Thank goodness they dropped Kontakt for the labs... :roll:
My Kontakt Labs libraries are still working perfectly fine here. :)
Exactly. Mine too.

Image Image Image Image

Drums have now been added to the Spitfire Audio LABS programme.
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/
The Spitfire Audio App is also updated, looks like it's more configurable than previous version.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

Update: Amplified Cello Quartet is added.

A query: Is anyone aware of samples quality? 24bits, 44.1kHz ?? Or other... ?

I used the strings in my last project, sounded great and the control responded nicely, musically. I'll be using it because it's so dead easy to work with. Installing the electric cello ensemble now, in fact.

I had to 'repair' as I moved it from my Kontakt Libraries folder before I quite grasped the point of 'Labs' before I went to instantiate it in VE Pro. It just worked here, but I'm not on Windows. ;)

As to VST3, is there an actual reason to instantiate it as such? It seems so basic; does it work with Note Expression or something?

I just signed up for Labs today and was surprised to discover a bunch of "under the hood" controls showing up on the screen of my Panorama P6. Has anybody else noticed this?

There were controls for three alternate mikes, an ADSR (presumably for the amp envelope), about 20 controls in all including the half dozen already visible in the GUI. I only spent about ten minutes with it so I didn't check every single patch, but they didn't do anything I could hear for Soft Piano. In fact, bringing down the primary mike control to 0 just reduced the level to nothing while the other 3 mike controls didn't result in any additional audio.

I assume any DAW that lets you view the parameters advertised by plugins would show these controls. Anyone found any that were actually useful?
You're on a subliminal trip to nowhere

enossified wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:23 pmI assume any DAW that lets you view the parameters advertised by plugins would show these controls. Anyone found any that were actually useful?
Correct. A plugin must expose parameters to the DAW to allow for control/automation. Looks like the plugin always exposes them all no matter which patch is loaded. Spitfire could make them dynamic with a patch load.

Release affects the Amplified Cell Quartet slightly, but the control has a UI element. Global Gain, Pan, and Tune always work since that is consistent on the top menu bar. So it's not so much secret since any patch that the parameters can actually affect will likely have a UI control for it. And if no patch currently uses certain ones then it bodes well that they're planning ahead.

Also shows that if they want to be completely free from Native Instruments there's a ways to go. But it's a good start.

New LABS Choir is out. Based on the Eric Whitacre library.
Image Image Image Image

Used the Spitfire LABS amped cellos on this recent work in progress track (cellos come in around 0:57):

https://soundcloud.com/user-64788827/pa ... ough-remix

enossified wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:23 pm I just signed up for Labs today and was surprised to discover a bunch of "under the hood" controls showing up on the screen of my Panorama P6. Has anybody else noticed this?

I assume any DAW that lets you view the parameters advertised by plugins would show these controls. Anyone found any that were actually useful?
VE Pro shows them in its automation mapping. I don't think they do anything, period. I suppose they're there in case of future application of, in an update?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”