New Release by SzcZ: Cracklefield

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cracklefield Kontakt Nova3

Will probably need instructions for that.

Hi Zombie Queen,

I think for the moment I am confused enough with the "simple" kontakt construction :D

But over the weekend I will give it a try in wavelab to see if its working there too (I think it should cause its the same "rack" thinking of the daw then in mulab).

Then it seems I have to resume my cracklefield "studys" :lol:

And I have to avoid falling into that "song" thinking again :lol:

By the way: as curious as I am I could not resist to click on the "presets" button, interesting things there if I look by the name (harmonic thing, chords....), any relevant for future develloping of this ?

Zombie Queen wrote:Image

So, here's Cracklefield sequencer connected via 4 routers to 4 instances of Ultra Analog VST. In each router you can select which voice goes through, by enabling any channel for a cursor. The trick was, that the router instances need to have some instruments added, Kontakt won't output any notes if there is just the multiscript. I ended adding a new empty instrument for each router instance... Wicked.
Is that only possible in Mulab? Is it possible in Mulab free version?

Zombie Queen wrote:Image

So, here's Cracklefield sequencer connected via 4 routers to 4 instances of Ultra Analog VST. In each router you can select which voice goes through, by enabling any channel for a cursor. The trick was, that the router instances need to have some instruments added, Kontakt won't output any notes if there is just the multiscript. I ended adding a new empty instrument for each router instance... Wicked.
I need to curb my enthusiasm here, as Musical Gym found, it doesn't really work. Notes generated in router multiscript work inside Kontakt, but the midi out of the second instance is a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hwd0Vq075I

Here, a prototype for drum mapping.

Hi, I bought this from sound-dust and just wanted to check if I will be alerted when you update Cracklefield?

It's a beast of a sequencer... Got to learn this now :)

The multichannel-mod is not going to be in an update, it's a bit too bothersome to configure and there may be surprises... I'll rather post it as a DIY mod, when I get it tested thoroughly. If you'd like to test how does it work now, PM me.
I'm sure I'll arrange it with Pendle to notify about possible updates, but they are not coming very soon. There is one idea I'd like to implement, but I've got other projects in the way. Then, possibly I'll try to expand on the ant idea - unify cursor rules into a program, add more cell states, but that will be probably a different instrument.

interesting

nice ZombiQueen - what are you doing here, cycling through some presets by hand, with automation?

Nope. I have a variation of Conway's Life being applied to whole field automatically in defined periods. So the field evolves according to preset rules.

I had a probably too far out idea that areas might have their own sample set, so when any of the little guys enter a different zone they take on different sound.
I also wondered if the nice mantra designs created could somehow evolve color-wise.
..not an FR

Musical Gym wrote:I also wondered if the nice mantra designs created could somehow evolve color-wise.
Maybe it's an idea for another update / different instrument. I thought of introducing different field states, which can work with ants, but there should be extended way to program them. In basic life there are just on/off (alive/dead) states, but there are versions with multiple states called generations, where a cell is getting older and die eventually.

Different cell states could be linked to different sample sets?
But one step at a time...
Last edited by Zombie Queen on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zombie Queen wrote:Nope. I have a variation of Conway's Life being applied to whole field automatically in defined periods. So the field evolves according to preset rules.
Works a treat!
Also is there a tute anywhere on automating preset changes? I would like to find the simplest way to cycle through variations “in defined periods” as you have done ( without the Conway Life of course)

Ps years ago I made a game of life animation of lots of pictures of faces used in a facial expression experiment. Happy faces would get overrun with angry faces and then maybe sad faces might take over a section of the screen etc etc. We tried the decay state version as well as the live/die versions. Both had value but graphically live/die was more dramatic so I stayed with that

apondinthestream wrote:Also is there a tute anywhere on automating preset changes? I would like to find the simplest way to cycle through variations “in defined periods” as you have done
You can save variations of a preset to keyswitches and then sequence loading them in DAW by playing keyswitch notes. You think it would need a tute?
(On the video above it's one preset playing.)
apondinthestream wrote:Ps years ago I made a game of life animation of lots of pictures of faces used in a facial expression experiment. Happy faces would get overrun with angry faces and then maybe sad faces might take over a section of the screen etc etc
Sound like fun. Did it make beeps? :D

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”