New Release by SzcZ: Cracklefield

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cracklefield Kontakt Nova3

Looking forward to the feature update.

Hi,

Last week I purchased Cracklefield. Since then I have been working with it non-stop.
This is an awesome, truly awesome program.
I already mailed the developer some questions but I figured since I discovered Cracklefield on this forum I post this here too. Maybe you have comments or tips.

I am always on the lookout for these kind of apps (with generative and/or random capabilities), I just never figured I would find one as a Kontakt instrument.
That is also my biggest wish. I would love to see this independent from Kontakt, as a midi plugin for my DAW.
I am making microtonal music and N.I. support for microtuning is not that good.
Warren Burt wrote an excellent "(idiot’s) guide to microtuning in Kontakt", so now I can (more or less) use my own scales in Kontakt but I still prefer the microtuning support in U-he and AAS synths.
So I record everything in Cracklefield and import the midi in Cubase.

Speaking of wishes I don't know if these things are at all possible:

Is it possible that quintuplets are added to note values?

If you constrain the field to smaller values than 22, is it possible to distribute the notes only to the smaller field (and not to the default 22x22 field)?

And then there is this, I am a Kontakt newbie so maybe this is obvious just not to me. :)
I tried adding my own samples by duplicating a group. I followed the instruction in the manual and I also watched the video on the website, and I see the new group in the sound menu. But I don't know what to do then. Obviously I need to save Cracklefield, right?
But the manual says "It may be a good idea, not to overwrite the original Cracklefield.nki patch."
As I save Cracklefield with the new groups it is overwritten no?

Regards,
Hans

I'm delighted to be able to tell you that Kontakt VST (and stand-alone) has MIDI out, so you can just use the Cracklefield library with no samples to drive whatever other instrument(s) you want (I've done this with much pleasure:). Read more here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=495526

Re; saving, just give it a new name, whatever you want.

EnsoLake wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:14 pm Hi,

Last week I purchased Cracklefield. Since then I have been working with it non-stop.
This is an awesome, truly awesome program.
I already mailed the developer some questions but I figured since I discovered Cracklefield on this forum I post this here too. Maybe you have comments or tips.

I am always on the lookout for these kind of apps (with generative and/or random capabilities), I just never figured I would find one as a Kontakt instrument.
That is also my biggest wish. I would love to see this independent from Kontakt, as a midi plugin for my DAW.
I am making microtonal music and N.I. support for microtuning is not that good.
Warren Burt wrote an excellent "(idiot’s) guide to microtuning in Kontakt", so now I can (more or less) use my own scales in Kontakt but I still prefer the microtuning support in U-he and AAS synths.
So I record everything in Cracklefield and import the midi in Cubase.

Speaking of wishes I don't know if these things are at all possible:

Is it possible that quintuplets are added to note values?

If you constrain the field to smaller values than 22, is it possible to distribute the notes only to the smaller field (and not to the default 22x22 field)?

And then there is this, I am a Kontakt newbie so maybe this is obvious just not to me. :)
I tried adding my own samples by duplicating a group. I followed the instruction in the manual and I also watched the video on the website, and I see the new group in the sound menu. But I don't know what to do then. Obviously I need to save Cracklefield, right?
But the manual says "It may be a good idea, not to overwrite the original Cracklefield.nki patch."
As I save Cracklefield with the new groups it is overwritten no?

Regards,
Hans
Cracklefield is a beauty Hans -
you can individually specify notes - go in to EDIT CELLS, Maps (bottom right), click on TWEAK CELL and a drop down menu appears, select show/hide tweak slider values, and the sliders and velocity settings of teh sliders now apply to the selected cell. Combined with clone row etc it is not that hard to set up whatever note and velocity grid you want. Then use the walls and collisions to make the pattern you want.

For example you can have anything from a single row alternating between C and G and complete random across a large grid - and all at the same time in the same layout
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Is the tweak cell functionality only available in the Sound Dust version? (I'll look at SzCz version as I don't recall it being there.)
Does Cracklefield need to be purchased from Sound Dust to use their GUI?

I think it is in all versions - I only run the sounddust version now, but before that it was fine in the standard version

great, thanks

Both versions after last update 1.3. It's hidden by default, click 'tweaks' on MAPS tab.
Hans, I sent you a mail.

thanks Marcin
What are we doing here on Christmas??!

We do what we really like to. :violin:

tweak tweak

Meanwhile at the drawing board...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0InhHgnMik

Zombie Queen wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 pm Meanwhile at the drawing board...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0InhHgnMik
ooh yes - excellent

nice

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”