New Release by SzcZ: Cracklefield

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cracklefield Kontakt Nova3

ChristopherT wrote:OK - Yes I am on Reaper.
I tried deselecting those preferences and it made no difference.

Also - this is happening when Kontakt is running in stand alone mode - outside of Reaper.
I'm on Mac OSX 10.12.6 Sierra
I am on Win10 - I only had the problem in Reaper I think, not standalone (from my memory of it anyway)

Running Kontakt in a dedicated process was the main thing I think for Kontakt in general.

Kontakt is running as a dedicated process via the FX window
- in Reaper, Kontakt cannot run any other way than via a FX slot.

It must be a Mac OS issue if the same thing is happening when Kontakt is running without a host program

ChristopherT wrote:Kontakt is running as a dedicated process via the FX window
- in Reaper, Kontakt cannot run any other way than via a FX slot.

It must be a Mac OS issue if the same thing is happening when Kontakt is running without a host program
On win10 I can run Kontakt in Reaper with 4 settings:

Default (set in prefs>vst) (although I cant see where)
Separate process
Dedicated process
Native only

I cannot seem to find any of these choices in Reaper on a Mac:
Separate process
Dedicated process
Native only

If it is doing this strange window behavior without Reaper running at all, it must be a OSX Sierra issue don't you think?

ChristopherT wrote:I cannot seem to find any of these choices in Reaper on a Mac:
Separate process
Dedicated process
Native only

If it is doing this strange window behavior without Reaper running at all, it must be a OSX Sierra issue don't you think?
I think it is a Reaper problem because it happens across win10 and OSX

You find those xchoices by opening the FX window and then right clicking on Kontakt in the fx window - but that might not be appropriate for OSX

To be clear - I can run Kontakt on its own - with no host, no other program is running at all, only Kontakt, and it is still an issue.
So Reaper is not running at all.
It must be a OSX Sierra problem

All working for me thank you very much to the Dev :)

I found a way to do midi out from Cracklefeild notes to multiple midi channels.

On Reaper, there is a script called JS Midi route note to channel.
I set up multiples of these scripts in one instrument, and then sent the multi channel output to various Kontakt instruments.
It works :)

Thanks for tip.

ChristopherT wrote:All working for me thank you very much to the Dev :)
the cracklefield dev is excellent

K-Hub is running a late birthday sale on this for a week now:
https://www.kontakthub.com/product/Cracklefield/

Happy Birthday Marcin!
Cracklefield is a gem like no other.

Thank you, but as I said, it's a 'late sale', actual date was like two months ago. The percentage checks out though, 44%, which means if I manage to live for more than 100 years I will have to pay people on the occasion.

I will hold you to it.

Cracklefield has been updated to 1.3. It's a cosmetic update and requires Kontakt 5.8.1.

1.3 update changelog:
– Kontakt version requirement is now raised to 5.8.1. This Kontakt version has doubled the limit of available controllers per script, which is a great benefit for Cracklefield. I had run out of switches and buttons, as creating programmable field consumed many controllers of this type. When having no button controllers left to use, I had to reach for alternatives, using drop-down menus and sliders instead of buttons for some controllers, which had impact on functionality. In version 1.3 those controllers are converted to regular buttons. It applies to ‘move/bounce’ switches in motion tab, ‘move maps’ switches in animator tab, note pattern and key controllers in maps tab and some UI tab switches.
– On a request, there are new controllers for manual editing or tweaking of single cells in custom maps. You can hide/show them using ‘tweaks’ button in MAPS tab.

Updated version is available at Kontakt Hub. Or you can get the updated parts only...

update files:
http://www.fairlyconfusing.net/cr13_update.rar

update files for Sound Dust UI theme:
http://www.fairlyconfusing.net/cracklef ... date13.rar

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”