Lunaris, Pads Instrument by Luftrum.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tatanka wrote:Only thing that falls a little apart form the rest (but maybe cause its not on focus of this) is the sequencer. I did not found a button/key combination for simple reset/turn off. And the bar had been set up in this area very high lately so it really falls a little apart from the rest.
Look at the sequencer in Lunaris as a custom LFO, almost. It's intended to restart to step 1 only when the layer's voices completely end (after amp envelope release is over). It was not meant to restart to step 1 on every new key press. Turning off the sequencer is easy: Ctrl/Cmd+clcik on the Amount slider to set it to 0%.

Thanks for the explanation, I just thought in that direction, resetting amount works for not letting it sound but what I meant was just clearing the sequencer steps and resetting it cause its really annoying doing this by hand step by step. It really dont matters much though I still think kind of sequencer might give some sense in case of "moving" in one of the soundsources but I am far away form getting your intention in detail and what counts is the result and this is just amazing :D :tu:

nm
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tatanka wrote:Thanks for the explanation, I just thought in that direction, resetting amount works for not letting it sound but what I meant was just clearing the sequencer steps and resetting it cause its really annoying doing this by hand step by step. It really dont matters much though I still think kind of sequencer might give some sense in case of "moving" in one of the soundsources but I am far away form getting your intention in detail and what counts is the result and this is just amazing :D :tu:
You can easily reset the sequencer steps by right-click dragging a line across the middle. You can also easily make linear ramps this way. This is built-in Kontakt functionality, so whenever you see tables like these, you can do it.

tatanka wrote:And to make things clear: even with my wailing about the sequencer it is still a 11 when count goes to 10 (maybe even a 11 + :lol: )
Thank you tatanka :hug:

What can i possibly say... when a customer like yourself is enjoying Lunaris that much and finding it's a breeze to create own sounds, then I couldn't ask for a better review. In particular when there is so much dedication, design considerations, dialogue, scripting, nitpicking, expenses, frustrations, changes, sampling processing, NKS ready'ing, NI compliancing plus sweat, tears and time that went into the creation. But now it's here! :)

I remember one time after completing the sampling processing back in January, I discovered a little audible click in one of the loop points that must have been a bug in Kontakt, cause I couldn't reproduce it in Redmatica KMP. When I discovered the first click in one of the loops - my heart simply stopped! :o

I had well over 2700 individual loop points and had completed the entire sampling process so I had to manually listen through all samples and each single loop point just to find if the audible click was present or not. I think maybe 12 samples out of the 2700 had the issue (less than 0.5%) and it was also easily corrected but oh man... what a bugger, it took me nearly two full days :-) but today I know the inside out of every single loop in Lunaris and each pad loop is absolutely seamlessly flawless without sounding generic or looped in any way, if I may say so myself.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Just catching up with this - what an achievement! I know how much work must have gone in to this.

Anyone on the fence about this can buy with confidence: Luftrum is the King of Pads - I still find his Ambient pack for Alchemy 1 amazingly useful, not to mention those Diva soundsets. I'm sure that this will become a simple go-to resource for many, amidst a multitude of Kontakt choices...

Chapeau!
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

I have to echo what others have said so far too (as I'm still getting acquainted with each sound)... This is such a lovely library. You really managed to cover quite a bit of ground that goes far beyond what can be done in soft synths, and its hard to imagine anything less with the fine group of designers who have provided many great patches for many of my other favorites from Alchemy, Zebra, and Diva libraries. Seriously, well done! :clap: This has just the right amount of tweakability built into it (so another great job by Mario/ED)!

Thank you Richard and Josiah! Much appreciated. :-)

I have decided to extend the intro offer a bit, until next Monday so there's still a few days left to grab Lunaris with the $20 discount, just enter lunariskvr in the promo code at checkout. Beside the main demo, Chris Bryant aka. S1gnsOfL1fe aka. one half of Ascendant and the co-owner of Synphaera Records made a stunning demo a few days ago. This track is 95% Lunaris with the exception of a few drums and bass parts here and there for added interest:

https://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/lunar- ... udio-demos
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

I got a little event on my Facebook page, where you can win 3 x Lunaris licenses to you and up to three of your music / producer friends, all you have to do is tag those who deserve to enrich their DAW (or Reason 9.5) with Unparalleled Pads! The friends-pack will be drawn and announced Friday August 11.

Of course, you are more than welcome to just tag yourself alone if you feel like.

https://www.facebook.com/Luftrum/photos ... =1&theater

:)
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Sadly, no Facebook, so I'll just tag myself here and now. Who knows :pray:

Fleer wrote:Sadly, no Facebook, so I'll just tag myself here and now. Who knows :pray:
Me too - I don't even really know what "tagging" is in this context. What a peculiar world we live in...

The demos sound great - what's next in the pipeline, Luftrum? :)
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

coincidental wrote:The demos sound great - what's next in the pipeline, Luftrum? :)
Thanks Richard! Next up is a new soundset for Diva Luftrum 16 and it will be a collaboration with a sound designer I really look up to myself and a collab I have had in mind for years - we have made half a soundbank each. It is 90% completed and hopefully ready for release in mid September.

Last week, I released the preset I made to 'What Happened to Monday' a new Netflix movie out August 18. I designed sounds in Zebra 2, Diva and Omnisphere 2 creating some 40 presets to fit various scenes in the movie - from pulsing basslines to howling soundscapes, screaming synth leads and other elements to drive the score. The presets are released as free updates to Luftrum 13 for Zebra 2 and Luftrum 14 for Omnisphere 2.

What Happened to Monday is a sci-fi thriller about a world where families are limited to one child due to overpopulation, a set of identical septuplets must avoid being put to a long sleep by the government and dangerous infighting while investigating the disappearance of one of their own - starring Noomi Rapace, Willem Dafoe and Glenn Close.

Here is my own audio demo of some of those presets:
https://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/the-sy ... en-sisters

Well, that was a little off-topic but that's what I have been up to these days. :)

And after that, we are closing in on Charity 2017. :wink:
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Good that you released it. Also- Pads that not doing anything are boring. Need vibrating pulsating things that doing something. have already waaaay too many pads.

The movie was excellent. And the sounds were fantastic. Can't wait to hear your next thing.

Michael Lyon created a free set of 20 new presets plus 10 multi instruments for Lunaris so if you own Lunaris then go ahead and download! I have tested them and they are very well programmed and absolutely worth the download containing fantasy lead pads, glittering, bright, 90's inspired, D-50'ish pads and rhythmic atmospheres, plus a little howto-install manual. :)

http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com ... apollonia/

Luftrum
Sound Designer

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”