TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

Tried demo out...

Why can EVERYTHING be midi-mapped, EXCEPT the sample start and end points, for example, in Layer A?

Why? It's a SAMPLER.... and that's kind of an essential thing. The mouse is annoying.... ugh........

I'd love it if they added a auto-slice function.
:borg:

I would love it if they gave an envelope set per sound source

themixtape wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:33 am Tried demo out...

Why can EVERYTHING be midi-mapped, EXCEPT the sample start and end points, for example, in Layer A?

Why? It's a SAMPLER.... and that's kind of an essential thing. The mouse is annoying.... ugh........
That's a strange thing of most soft samplers that has been bugging me for two decades. When Maschine was released 10 years ago, that was the main reason why I got it. I could finally use knobs to adjust the start and end points like i was used to with hardware samplers. Integration of most third party VST plugins in Maschine is easy, but for some reason integration of third party samplers like Serato Sampler and TAL Sampler is not. Why do start and end points always have to be adjusted manually with a mouse? So instead of TAL Sampler I got TAL-DAC.

Yeah but it can be assigned to one of the macros via modmatrix, so chillax.

waiting man wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:06 am Yeah but it can be assigned to one of the macros via modmatrix, so chillax.
Then please explain how to do this.

If only I had known this a month ago, then I'd probably would have bought TAL Sampler (which includes TAL-DAC). :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=165&t=535509

I know it may sound harsh, but try harder.
it's easier than posting on kvr, really.

on the modmatrix select p1 as source, then one click on the destination slot, another click on either start or end time knobs.

Thanks! I'll try later when I get home. :tu:

For a moment I had it working, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. :neutral:

I noticed that the controls P1 - P4 don't correspond with what's mentioned on the screen or the destination slot:

When I turn the P1 knob, it says P0 on the screen/destination slot.
When I turn the P2 knob, it says P1 on the screen/destination slot.
When I turn the P3 knob, it says P2 on the screen/destination slot.
When I turn the P4 knob, it says P4 on the screen/destination slot, so this seems to be the only one that's connected correctly.

I converted my Emax factory library to SF2 format to import into TAL-Sampler...it doesn't import these correctly, however, TX16Wx will import them all perfectly with all the parameters set as they should be.

Bump1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 am I converted my Emax factory library to SF2 format to import into TAL-Sampler...it doesn't import these correctly, however, TX16Wx will import them all perfectly with all the parameters set as they should be.
SF2 import feature in TAL Sampler only works for the sample maps, AFAIK. And since TAL doesn't work with layers (only one sample per key region), those cannot be translated either.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:13 am
Bump1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 am I converted my Emax factory library to SF2 format to import into TAL-Sampler...it doesn't import these correctly, however, TX16Wx will import them all perfectly with all the parameters set as they should be.
SF2 import feature in TAL Sampler only works for the sample maps, AFAIK. And since TAL doesn't work with layers (only one sample per key region), those cannot be translated either.
Yea I was kind of disappointed to discover. I like TAL's interface much better than TX16Wx. And it's DAC section is awesome. Wish it was an all-in-one solution.

Bump1 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:59 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:13 am
Yea I was kind of disappointed to discover. I like TAL's interface much better than TX16Wx. And it's DAC section is awesome. Wish it was an all-in-one solution.
Yeah, me too.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:57 am For a moment I had it working, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. :neutral:

I noticed that the controls P1 - P4 don't correspond with what's mentioned on the screen or the destination slot:

When I turn the P1 knob, it says P0 on the screen/destination slot.
When I turn the P2 knob, it says P1 on the screen/destination slot.
When I turn the P3 knob, it says P2 on the screen/destination slot.
When I turn the P4 knob, it says P4 on the screen/destination slot, so this seems to be the only one that's connected correctly.
I reported this bug a couple of weeks ago .
The naming of the p controllers and their corresponding automation name is wrong
P1 is called p0
p2 = p1
p3=p2
p4=p4

patrick is aware of this
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

themixtape wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:33 am Tried demo out...

Actually there are 5 parameters that are not automatable in that section, including sample start and end and loop points. Not looking right now so I can’t trmeber the other one, fade maybe?
Anyways the reason for this is because these are available as separate controls for every single sample that is loaded, which can be quite a few. I also asked them about this. I do wish there were at least enough macros to cover the non-exposed parameters, because there are 5 that would need to be mapped but only 4 available macros.

Another possibility would be to have a system to “enable” host automation parameters, which is something common when there are tons of potential parameters. Like in kontakt or Omnisphere. This would be nice for the common case where only a single sample is used. And it would be nice not to have to waste the macros on sample position/looping parameters only.

Send the request to Tal!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”