TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

sleepcircle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:44 am
stardustmedia wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:16 am The more I use it the more I wish I could load more than 4 samples into it.
you can--it's not four samples it's four layers. you can add individual samples to different groups of keys in the same layer--you could make every single key in a layer be a different sample, if you wanted.
whaaat... never realized that... time to RTFM I guesd :dog:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

well to be fair, the manual is sort of incomplete.

just read it. as a key feature, it's not listed. like "128 samples/voices per layer".

it's kinda hidden. it reads that you can add a new key mapping to the layer. but not explicitly that you can add another sample to that new mapping.

it drove me nuts, when i needed more than 8 samples. had in one session 5 instances running, for 20 samples... geee

BTW: A feature request for the key mapping.

Make the piano roll match the piano roll below. I always set the mapping to the wrong keys, until I realize I was looking at the keyboard piano roll, not the key map piano roll

stardustmedia wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:27 pm BTW: A feature request for the key mapping.

Make the piano roll match the piano roll below. I always set the mapping to the wrong keys, until I realize I was looking at the keyboard piano roll, not the key map piano roll
Just the mapping keyboard would do with C1, C2, etc marked.

yeah. whatever, everything else will work probably much better than what we have now. i don't want to know, how i will get nuts when i use like 20 mappings at once in one layer :lol:

Dillinger wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:10 am Yep, Definitely multiple samples per layer, use the handles to resize the key range, can be a single key or up to across the whole bed.
Wow! This is great news! I just barely bought it, and the sales information doesn't seem to indicate this! I'm even happier about it than before! :D
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

sleepcircle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:53 am well to be fair, the manual is sort of incomplete.
Yes, the sales information doesn't seem to point this out either. I gathered that it was using a single sample on each layer. This makes this tool MUCH more useful! I bet there would be more sales of this instrument if that was made better known in the sales literature and the documentation. It's a basic thing, but it has big importance! :D
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:30 pm
sleepcircle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:53 am well to be fair, the manual is sort of incomplete.
Yes, the sales information doesn't seem to point this out either. I gathered that it was using a single sample on each layer. This makes this tool MUCH more useful! I bet there would be more sales of this instrument if that was made better known in the sales literature and the documentation. It's a basic thing, but it has big importance! :D
TAL Sampler can use as many samples as one per key. What it CAN'T do is layer samples vertically (like for example to use velocity layers). But you can use multiple samples per layer. You can even layer sample regions over other sample regions (but all of them will respond to key velocities from 1 to 127).

Actually, the Hollowsun library has plenty of examples using multisamples.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:39 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:30 pm
TAL Sampler can use as many samples as one per key. What it CAN'T do is layer samples vertically (like for example to use velocity layers). But you can use multiple samples per layer. You can even layer sample regions over other sample regions (but all of them will respond to key velocities from 1 to 127).

Actually, the Hollowsun library has plenty of examples using multisamples.

Well, I'm very happy to learn this! In case anyone thinks I didn't at least try to RTFM, here's what the manual has to say about it:
The mapping editor allows it to map samples to different keys. Every layer has its
own mapping and every layer can only play one sample at once. Overlapping
mappings do not work.
As you can see, that brings up a lot of questions. I'm still wondering about a couple of things because of this particular paragraph. What does the developer mean by "every layer can only play one sample at once."? And "Overlapping mappings do not work."?

Someone will earn a free copy of a TAL product of choice when lifting the manual to 2019-level.

*prognosis*

oh it it just means that if you drag two mappings so that they overlap, it won't play both mapping sounds at once, it will only play one or the other.

sleepcircle wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:23 am oh it it just means that if you drag two mappings so that they overlap, it won't play both mapping sounds at once, it will only play one or the other.
I thought you could play 4 layers at the same time?

Single layers can have multiple samples but only one sample can play per layer,so stacking 4 samples on 4 layers is the layering effect you're on about

Yes, what ere2learn said; you can't cheat the 4layer system by putting 30 overlapping mappings on each layer.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”