Free multisampled Rickenbacker 4001 bass

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

first: thanks a lot project16 for the great muted samples!!!

I now updated the kontakt patches with the muted articulations. Note: I renamed the files in order name it as it is (not pickup 1 and 2, but single and both). As a service, I also renamed the sfz files and included them. So What I suggest to do is:
1. make sure to copy the new (muted) samples to the samples folder)
2. delete everything but the samples folder.
3. unrar the file ( http://www.power-xs.net/download/Ricken ... ontakt.rar ) and copy everything into your Rickenbacker 4001 folder

have fun!

So I guess what is "missing" is:
1. ghost notes from the single pickup (however I believe this could beskipped and is not so much desired as the other stuff)
2. slaps (single and both pickups)
3. pops (single and both pickups)
4. in the fx department: pickup hits - that is the noise which is created when the pick hits the pickups ("microphones") by accident.
5. also in the fx department: full slides (maybe fast and slow from all 4 strings)

If we had these, it would make a quite complete instrument that is not worse (rather better) than most commercial offerings!!!

cheers, akj

thanks... 8)
Take Time before He does so...

Thanks for all of this.

One question.
I see that the Kontakt multis have a release layer, but I don't hear any releases.
I don't see any release samples in the folder either.

Are they not done yet or did I miss them somewhere in the thread?
I went through the thread 3 times looking for a link.

it is the fret noises which are triggered on release. just listen carefully or solo the release layer. since you obviously did not get a missing samples warning: you will hear it...
Last edited by AKJ on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello to all!

Magnificent work AKJ! :love:

I shall update in some time(weather) my bookshop of Rickenbacker.

To mark a small break, I work at present on a sound cast iron of UDU (multi-layer) which a friend has me sampled and as soon as I ended I return on this bass.
If my friend is OK, I shall propose these samples on KVR.

Here is the result(profit) of this udu:

https://www.opendrive.com/files/NF8yMDU ... _fonte.mp3

:wink:

Hi - did you get my PM, Project16?

I modified my initial comment with everything the links of download for the version Kontakt de AKJ.
After my pause I go this next weekend to continue to sample what is missing to have a complete bank.

Looking forward to it... Thanks again, both!

Hello all!

I did not finish yet sampling my patchs in slap but I give small before taste of the one of them (two pickup - length slap).
The demonstration sounds mechanical because made starting from a file midi.
Of course it there for any purpose on this small track, only of the direct input.

https://www.opendrive.com/files/NF8yMTM ... 2_Demo.mp3

As soon as I finished I place at the disposal this upgrade. I also think of sampling the dependent notes for more realism.

very promising. looking forward to it!

cheers, akj

AKJ wrote:very promising. looking forward to it!

cheers, akj
+1... very promising indeed! P16, great job as usual, buddy!

Project16 wrote:Hello all!

I did not finish yet sampling my patchs in slap but I give small before taste of the one of them (two pickup - length slap).
Great project! I am looking forward to it!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Hello all!

Here the update of the play "slap" of my bank of Rickenbacker.

Four different plays are present (with .sfz):

- One pickup (long and short)
- Two pickup (long and short)

It should be said that I am not entirely satisfied with the result but sampling at very difficult summer and I am not so gifted in this plays. :D

Soon I will continue to sample the thing which misses to make this bank complete.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s7uvqw91b26mq7d

wonderful! I updated the Kontakt download (same link as before).

cheers, akj

Project16 wrote:...
It should be said that I am not entirely satisfied with the result but sampling at very difficult summer and I am not so gifted in this plays. :D
Fantastic!

My first impression is: Fantastic! Since there are hardly any free slap-libraries in the whole universe your sample-set really fills a gap! And it sounds good!

Thank you! :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”