Will Kontakt Player load freely available Kontakt samples? Yes, for 15 Mins ONLY

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkStar wrote:An Update is from an earlier version of Komplete
An Upgrade is from, for example, Komplete 10 to Komplete 10 Ultimate
A Crossgrade is from some other qualifying product (e.g Sample Logic's Morphestra or Output's Signal to Kontakt 5.

You can see all the details on the NI site when you select one of the purchase choices.
I know all that. What I meant was... NI gives you those options in their digital store, but some brick-and-mortar stores (like Thomann) also have those options in their web store, for the boxed versions.

I have the crossgrade option, but I'd prefer to buy Komplete from a brick-and-mortar store.

OK; my understanding was that the editions were the same, no matter whether download or boxed.

You best bet will to get written confirmation from the stores before proceeding.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:OK; my understanding was that the editions were the same, no matter whether download or boxed.

You best bet will to get written confirmation from the stores before proceeding.
Alright, I just started to wonder about how the crossgrade, registering and activating it works. Like how it checks if you qualify for the upgrade?

I can imagine it works on the NI store, by checking your registrated products for the crossgrade-qualifying product, or something like that.

But I can't wrap my head around how it would work if you buy a box with the Crossgrade-stamp on it. Do you just register it on the control center and it checks if you qualify and lets you activate...?

This is starting to get too confusing even to myself. Nevermind. I'll just go to Thomann to bother them.

When you try to Activate the Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade the check is made against the products already registered on your NI Account. If a suitable qualifying product is there then the activation will proceed. So, yes, anyone can buy any of them without any checks at all. It is only when you try to Activate it that the checks for the qualifying product are done.

And, as I understand it, if the qualifying product is subsequently removed from the Account (e.g. transferred to someone-else) then the upgrade etc will be deactivated too.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:When you try to Activate the Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade the check is made against the products already registered on your NI Account. If a suitable qualifying product is there then the activation will proceed. So, yes, anyone can buy any of them without any checks at all. It is only when you try to Activate it that the checks for the qualifying product are done.

And, as I understand it, if the qualifying product is subsequently removed from the Account (e.g. transferred to someone-else) then the upgrade etc will be deactivated too.
Ah, thank you for clearing this up. :tu:

Yes 15 minutes and no saving of settings. That's why I prepare my free libraries as "plug and play". Minimal settings to worry about and ready to play, be inspired and compose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjlouSDSdI

Hello,

Kontakt Player will only run libraries that are made by Native Instruments themselves, and the partners of NKS. If you attempt to run a Kontakt FULL library in Player, it will be ran in demo mode for fifteen minutes.

Hope this helps,
Elijah

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”