Will Kontakt Player load freely available Kontakt samples? Yes, for 15 Mins ONLY

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcnoone wrote: If you buy sounds from them for it though. It will work for as long as needed, so long as you don't edit the sound at all.
Sounds made for the Kontakt Player (like the ones you can purchase and download from the NI website) can be edited after you authorize it. With the specific controls made available by the developer, of course.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

vespers75 wrote:One could always read the FAQ on the NI website, or even one of the several threads here from last year that have already covered this.
Or, he could ask his question and get it answered in the first post and the thread could be finished. That's not going to happen either :wink:

sorry...right, that's wasn't very clever :oops:

silly that even a free refill or similar cannot be used more that 15 minutes,
really silly...

It's lame as hell. Kontakt is just too heavy for me and all I ever want is to play the sampled stuff. Prebass, jaybass and basis (do we have a theme here :hihi: ) all use the player....that's all I need.

Even though I spend allot of money on this crap it's just never made a ton of sense to get kontakt.....I just want to play the sounds :shrug:

Someone decided that by putting the time into making the demo 15 minutes long was somehow going to force users to buy more. I have issues with this philosophy.

i'm just on the way to achieve a small library that i intend to upload here very soon, no way to use it out of the demo mode in Kontakt player ?

Too bad...

:(

Krakatau wrote:i'm just on the way to achieve a small library that i intend to upload here very soon, no way to use it out of the demo mode in Kontakt player ?

Too bad...

:(
Hi, sfz format has both free, and many commercial instruments to load and modify them.
Might be worth considering for free releases. Cheers :)

Is it just a sample format or doest it include some common editing modes from the samples in where it is implemented ?

like GM in its way, by comparison...

they should have at least just made it a crippled version, not a demo mode for those extra 3rd party sets that are not "powered by Kontakt" cause it is a whole weird mess of confusion and frustration for those who go out and buy a 3rd party set thinking they can load it, then realize they are stuck in demo-mode or with something useless until they cough up ~$200 for an upgrade.

Player should be Demo... your so right.

it is 'crippled', it times out after 15 minutes. but until then, it works perfectly.

how would you have 'crippled' it that would have made it so much more user friendly?

All I did was shelled out for the full version of Kontakt and did what I was told. Problems solved. I rolled over. I am their bitch. :D
My music is a fusion of jazz and funk. It's called "Junk"

So, it is lame but consider this:

If you got a FREE GIGA sample library back in the day, could you even play it? NO.... so, maybe it makes sense for those of us who have made FREE KONTAKT content available to just make the WAVE files available and then have you program them into your FREE player of choice... sounds like a lot of work for a sampled instrument when it need only be done once.

I choose KONTAKT because of how robust it is with its Scripting capabilities. I know it's expensive but think about how much content is out there that wouldn't be subject to timing out.

And, I don't work for NI and I think NI's sample libraries aren't even close to the best but the ROMPLER is the best out there (IMHO).

Jim
The keeper of the Shrine.
http://lldom.blogspot.com
The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI

All I can say is :oops:

money talks and b....s..... well......... The 50% off sale hooked me in.

If you have the full version of Kontakt 4, licensed, registered and all, but want to use KP4 ro play back your libraries
will you still have the 30 min limit?

I have heard that KP4 is easier on resources and since I hardly use the full sample editing capabilities in Kontakt 4, the player seems to be what I would use regularly.
iMac• OS X 12.6 • Logic Pro X • Motu Interfaces • Kontakt 6• Superior 3.0
Writer • Vocalist • Producer • Filmmaker
https://soundcloud.com/myronzmusic

one way to find out, download the player.

IMO Native Instruments ought to bring out a Kontakt Player Lite for c. $50-$100, just for the loading of third party plugins. There's such a wealth of awesome and unique plugins out there (such as Wavelore pedal steel), but the $400 doesn't get you all that much - not a fan of the VSL orchestral instruments included in Kontakt for starters and that's a deal breaker for me. EWQL Silver is myriads better, and can be picked up for as little as $99 when on promo

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”