Out now: MULTIMONO DRUMS

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MULTIMONO DRUMS
A small gritty drum kit for Kontakt with a wide range of rare and tasteful sounds!
https://vimeo.com/365569198
Recorded using the ‘one microphone for the whole kit’ technique, only this time with 4 contrasting microphones. Use the 4-channel mixer to create your own unique sound, easily add authentic saturation and compression, and instantly get perfect grooves at the press of a key!! Raw, dusty, and a little wild :)

Available now at the -50% INTRO price!!!
(Intro offer ends Nov. 15th)
More info: Loops de la Crème - Kontakt Libraries

Really cool idea. Quite 90s garage rock in sound.

DSmolken wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm Really cool idea. Quite 90s garage rock in sound.
Thanks!
Really proud of this little kit, the sampling with 4 contrasting microphones around the kit is quite special! :D
I used a vintage AKG C451, a Beyer M201, a SE VR1, and a vintage RE15.
It’s easy to get tons of different tasty sounds with the included mixer with volume and phase controls :phones: :tu:
Here the kit and mic positions:

Yeah, it looks really neat. Sort of 50s mic positions, but with very much not 50s drums. Those mic techniques kind of made a comeback when home recording became feasible in the 80s, so the sound ends up reminding me of a lot of 4-track home/garage demos, only with better mics and no tape hiss.

I remember Sugar Percussion also did a video on modern one-mic drum recordings, and used a similar approach - actually set up a bunch of mics, record them all, and afterwards pick the one which sounds right for the track.

Thanks for the insight @DSmolken :tu:
Some cool news:

Free download: 20 MIDI drum loops

I recorded the built-in grooves from MULTIMONO DRUMS in Ableton and created 20 two-bar MIDI loops.
These will be practical to quickly create realistic rhythm tracks with the library, and they will also work with any drum kit that follows the standard GM drum mapping.

You can download them for free, they are on the product page next to the library's info.
Have fun with the loops, be creative! :)

Intro offer ends tomorrow :phones:
Don't forget to grab the free MIDI loops :tu:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”