Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

crimsonwarlock wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:25 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 pm I love this thread ... I used to think I had too many synths :lol:
You can never have too many synths. Cables however....... as Scott Solida used to say: "I hate cables" :D
Same. Bluetooth all the way and the only thing stopping me from going modular.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I found an old photo of my "studio" in 1995 ... :)

tcc_studio_1995.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No need to put the word studio in quotes, still a studio even if not as gorgeous as your current one. It looks like the place where Aphex Twin reshaped music before he had enough money for a posh studio , don't you think?

My current studio is more frugal than yours from 25 years ago, ain't no thang.

For sure ... my studio back then was also my living room and bedroom, hence the quotation marks. I shared a one bedroom flat with my son in those days. But it was my studio at the time, and I got a lot done there (four albums). :)

Absolutely :)

Benn building up some IKEA stuff today, I'm still short, think I need 2 more units tomorrow for some other gear but here's what I built up today so far..

Pictured.

Waldorf Quantum
Waldorf Kyra
Akai MPC X
Roland MC-707

rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:58 pm Benn building up some IKEA stuff today, I'm still short, think I need 2 more units tomorrow for some other gear but here's what I built up today so far..
Kallax FTW ;)

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:59 pm
rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:58 pm Benn building up some IKEA stuff today, I'm still short, think I need 2 more units tomorrow for some other gear but here's what I built up today so far..
Kallax FTW ;)
Yeah pretty nice stuff Mushy and cheap

rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 pm Yeah pretty nice stuff Mushy and cheap
My house is full of Kallax's. Using them for equipment stands, turntable stands, record stands, bookcases, everything really. I love the modularity of them also.

The studio is coming along man :tu:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:05 pm
rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 pm Yeah pretty nice stuff Mushy and cheap
My house is full of Kallax's. Using them for equipment stands, turntable stands, record stands, bookcases, everything really. I love the modularity of them also.

The studio is coming along man :tu:
Yeah I'll pop down to IKEA and get a few more units. They really do look smart
the one I got was White Oak was gonna get the Black/Brown but looked like they'd catch a bit much dust lol.
Cheers, yeah I'm actually thinking my best bit of hardware for a while is my MPC X

rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:12 pm Cheers, yeah I'm actually thinking my best bit of hardware for a while is my MPC X
How do you find the sequencing on it? Does it feel more like a PC/tablet or more like hardware?

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:14 pm
rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:12 pm Cheers, yeah I'm actually thinking my best bit of hardware for a while is my MPC X
How do you find the sequencing on it? Does it feel more like a PC/tablet or more like hardware?
The MPC X definitely feels like hardware Mushy.. It can control everything I have and modular (if I had any) The sampling and editing tools are top notch. Hands on control is great. Easy to navigate, everything is available via the knobs and Q-Links.
Easy to set up your hardware it's my best investment. Just fitted the MPCX with an extra 500gb SSD..

Oh and autosampler

Hook up your hardware/software synths and sample the presets if you want

rob_lee wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 pm The MPC X definitely feels like hardware Mushy.. It can control everything I have and modular (if I had any) The sampling and editing tools are top notch. Hands on control is great. Easy to navigate, everything is available via the knobs and Q-Links.
Easy to set up your hardware it's my best investment. Just fitted the MPCX with an extra 500gb SSD..

Oh and autosampler

Hook up your hardware/software synths and sample the presets if you want
Sounds as though you're rather smitten with it. I'll have to watch some more vids on it then :tu:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:22 pm Sounds as though you're rather smitten with it. I'll have to watch some more vids on it then :tu:
Also the FX on board the MPC X are great. 5 inserts per track there's also 3 synths on board. Haven't used those just flicked through presets. Sound pretty good.

Sequencer is class tho.. plenty of control, loads of automation options too

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:59 pmKallax FTW ;)
Truth!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”