Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:02 pm ^You're showing off MPC X here, not the Kyra? Damn you've got some money to spare :eek:

And yes, surely it's oustanding piece of hardware, just not for everyone to use.
He does have some quality kit that's for sure.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:10 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:02 pm ^You're showing off MPC X here, not the Kyra? Damn you've got some money to spare :eek:

And yes, surely it's oustanding piece of hardware, just not for everyone to use.
I thought the MPC could be the main control of all my hardware, plenty of connections Mushy, it will be fine with a couple of modulars too in future but for now I have enough to jam. Just need to register this thing now and download the software.

rob_lee wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:14 pm

I thought the MPC could be the main control of all my hardware, plenty of connections Mushy, it will be fine with a couple of modulars too in future but for now I have enough to jam. Just need to register this thing now and download the software.
Keep us updated on the X. I have a Cirklon coming mid-year but for the same money (less even?) I can get the MPC to use as my centrepiece.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:15 pm
rob_lee wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Keep us updated on the X. I have a Cirklon coming mid-year but for the same money (less even?) I can get the MPC to use as my centrepiece.
Well I have waited 19 months for a Cirklon so I said f**k it and bought the MPC X.. I think this will last me a decade like my MPC 2000XL did :tu:

don't worry, we can add robs place to our road trip :tu:

:lol:

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Done.

Rob, put the kettle on fella.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Done.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Done.

Best bring lots of Brown Ale :party:

rob_lee wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:19 pm Well I have waited 19 months for a Cirklon so I said f**k it and bought the MPC X.. I think this will last me a decade like my MPC 2000XL did :tu:
It will. Akai are really stepping up their game on the Live and X lately, the new beta shows Ableton integration as well, in standalone mode.

Be forewarned it's not currently allowing more than one MIDI input to one program at a time. Apparently the older models did and some people are losing their mind about it. Beyond that it's pretty dammed cool, and it includes a decent synth and electric piano as well. It makes me think about doing a hardware only project for sure, even if the MPC X and Live are really dedicated surface/ipad computers running a proprietary version of Linux at this point.

tehlord wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:34 pm Almost there
you need a lava lamp.

Just wanted to share this beast of a PRINTER STAND from old IKEA. It's insane... Makes for a perfect 19" studio Rack module stand, there's extension brackets too, to make it over 5ft. I'm down sizing so it's going. Overkill for the coming new build. People should keep an eye out for the IKEA JERKER popping up, shame they discontinued it, made for good studio desk and extras, what with all the shelving possibilities, add ons.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

Eurocases.jpg
DIY_Case_01_Crop.jpg
Some Eurorack rig pics. I have pretty much come to prefer a component like setup
for Eurorack, with multiple smaller cases instead of huge ones. The smaller twin
cases were custom made for me, and I made other (with the snazzy acrylic back)
to go with them. It's hand made, mostly with 'old school' hand tools, planers, files etc.
Anyway, kind of cool, though I will probably remake it with some fancy hand cut
joinery as I seem to have taken up an interest in that. The case has 2 independent
Eric Synths power supplies in it, which is why there are 2 switches and power inlets.
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

looking pretty sweet! :tu:

Very nice!
In terms of space and ergonomics, I also prefer multiple smaller systems. I used to have a 4 row, 432 HP folding rack which was semi-portable. It was fine at the time but now my largest cases are 2 9ux84HP systems which are themselves made of individual 3u racks that can be swapped around.

That said, I've definitely run into power issues which can occur when patching between multiple cases (or patching between modules which are connected to different PSUs). The best solution I have found is to have a common low-impedance connection between the 0v lines on each bus board, which all connect at the 0v terminals on my linear PSUs. I also try to get the output voltage from my PSUs as close to each other (under load of coarse) as possible.

justin3am wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:21 am Some more recent ones...

Is that an Apple aluminum keyboard plugged into an actual trash can?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”