Does Anyone Know This Music? (Solved!)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The girl that starts out on the right and ends up in the middle is very cute. And those hip movements... :love:

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:13 pm The girl that starts out on the right and ends up in the middle is very cute. And those hip movements... :love:
I’m partial to the stressed-out-looking one with the red flairs... Honestly, that’s probably why I watched the video in the first place. I never cared much for this kind of dance. There’s a middle eastern restaurant in my region that sometimes has belly dancers, and I just found it... actually somewhat off-putting. It’s never been part of my mentality to gawk at women’s bodies. Certainly not while there RIGHT THERE. Partially my own repressive acculturation, and just not wanting to participate in objectification. Makes me wonder about the oppressive cultures that this kind of dance comes from. Is it a holdover from less repressive times? I really know nothing about it.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:53 pm ...
can i ask why the interest?
a cover/remix in the works or just listening pleasure?
A bit of both.
I've had a bit of a "producing" block for the past 2 years. So I've been listening to loads of out of the way stuff in the hope of getting the juices flowing again. I discovered that Tribal Dance (as in the video) has a lot of music that appeals to me. I also came across this band, Al Qaynah.
As a result, couple weeks ago I manged to record 4 (short) tracks in 4 days. Then I got the flu. My ears are just getting back to normal. I actually went so deaf I couldn't hear a kettle boiling.
First fruits: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=538139

Al Qaynah:
https://youtu.be/I4-WqcwluYI?list=PL025501B24BF17953

You decide who you'd rather watch! If you like hip-action go to 00:40!
https://youtu.be/GPV-VDvu3-w

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:45 pm I actually went so deaf I couldn't hear a kettle boiling.
I went so deaf, I couldn't hear the alarm clock.

It has its advantages

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:13 pm The girl that starts out on the right and ends up in the middle is very cute. And those hip movements... :love:
I’m partial to the stressed-out-looking one with the red flairs... Honestly, that’s probably why I watched the video in the first place. I never cared much for this kind of dance. There’s a middle eastern restaurant in my region that sometimes has belly dancers, and I just found it... actually somewhat off-putting. It’s never been part of my mentality to gawk at women’s bodies. Certainly not while there RIGHT THERE. Partially my own repressive acculturation, and just not wanting to participate in objectification. Makes me wonder about the oppressive cultures that this kind of dance comes from. Is it a holdover from less repressive times? I really know nothing about it.
We may not have eyes for the same girl, but we are on the same page when it comes to not appreciating (or knowing the history of) this type of dance, as well as not wanting to objectify women.

The girl in that video is a Ukrainian belly dancer known by her stage name Amida.

A bit more of her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATii4A9M_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db52jETwe6A

Not that it's really my kind of thing but I think she is really good at what she does and she seems to love it :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Interesting. Not my kind of thing either, but I respect skills, and I admire the ability to make something of said skills. Hopefully these women make a good living performing.

But... I’m feeling colder watching them dance half-clothed, barefoot(!), in what might be a cold theatre (it’s cold here, so I’m projecting, ha ha).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Beauty comes first energetically. So whatever girl you see in the clips above as beautiful, it is not primarily because of their body shapes, but because of their energy. The same is true for any other being.
For example, If their energy was not cohesive you would be attracted to search for things to judge about them. If the energy is harmonious, you will feel like you are in a trance and not care about imperfections.
The same goes for any music ever produced.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”