You're not a real producer unless... (KVR Edition)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Till you snorted a line of band the groupies cleavage!

I've seen a pop production that was using about 40 snares before. If you're going to layer and then compress to death, why not just one or two snares with some noise?

That said, one of the tracks I am currently mixing has three kicks and snares and the additional layers have been quite useful in creating variation and interest.

jancivil wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:11 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:36 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:31 pm till you layer at least 25 samples to make each kick.
Then spend the next few weeks agonizing over how bad it sounds after you “tuned” it...
Half of which time you spent asking the music theory board how to find the right pitch
:hihi:

Till you've recorded your samples and riffs onto vinyl in order to resample them and get that authentic sound ...

Till you have blamed a mastering engineer instead of acknowledge that it's your own lack of skills that are the real reason your snare sounds like sh*t

jancivil wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:11 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:36 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:31 pm till you layer at least 25 samples to make each kick.
Then spend the next few weeks agonizing over how bad it sounds after you “tuned” it...
Half of which time you spent asking the music theory board how to find the right pitch

Unless you can design your own Multi Player Role Playing Game character and have enough items.

...unless you lay at least 5 eggs per week.

... you've endorsed at least as many products as JR.

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:27 pm till you release your own fragrance
No comment.

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:lol:

... unless you invest in a $15,000 analog signal chain for your music which people will listen to on Soundcloud with $9 earbuds.

Meffy, just for the record your cousins are always invited to my yard (I do often put things out for the critters that share their home with me)

unless they have sprayed recently...just sayin :shrug: :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:09 pm Until you try to argue that a DJ is a musician.
Until you try to argue that a DJ is NOT a musician. :tu: FTFY

Edit: something to illustrate my point: Watch closely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sui24hHDZDI

...the idea of listening to everything you've ever released makes you whimper and curl into a fetal position.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”