Acustica Audio INVALIDATED my Black Friday purchase

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:48 pm I do admit my post was not thought through... I dont want to bash anybody, neither I'm saying that AA are asses... They do make one of the best plugins out there and this whole thing wont change my opinion on this.
The bit with "Dont buy from them" was overreaction to my frustration and quite childish.. I do owe an apology for that.. Other than this I think there is nothing wrong for me to insist AA to own to their mistake and doing that on a public forum is the way I prefer doing it.
I apologize for the somewhat aggressive tone in my original post. I've removed the "dont buy" part from it.
it's not about preferences, theres a right way to achieve your aim.
this is more likely they will see it as bullying in to submission so wont back down.
be calm and follow the steps i mentioned above.

Read their terms of service. I posted it below. That should be the end of the story. You should have read them before posting.

plexuss wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 pm Read their terms of service. I posted it below. That should be the end of the story. You should have read them before posting.
Their term of service does not override the law.

becseigy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:14 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 pm Read their terms of service. I posted it below. That should be the end of the story. You should have read them before posting.
Their term of service does not override the law.
You're right, I'm sure once "Exidus v. Acustica Audio" works its way through the federal court system proving their malicious intent to deceive them will be a slam dunk, open and shut case :wink:

Can't wait to watch that episode of Giudice Giuditta!
Last edited by plexuss on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

People here really need to chill. I've read in 3 threads today that different companies break the law, and even read one threat about a law suit, if the respective person doesn't get what he wants... seriously. This is really borderline stuff.

First thing I would do would be to take my concerns to the company anyway. Posting about it on the net is just shit. Won't change a thing, and will only make you look like a troll.

There's been a few class action lawsuits in the Netherlands about pricing errors on webshops (basically the shop sold the goods unrealistically underpriced). Court decided that customers should have known better and customers got nothing out of it.

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:48 pm I do admit my post was not thought through... I dont want to bash anybody, neither I'm saying that AA are asses... They do make one of the best plugins out there and this whole thing wont change my opinion on this.
The bit with "Dont buy from them" was overreaction to my frustration and quite childish.. I do owe an apology for that.. Other than this I think there is nothing wrong for me to insist AA to own to their mistake and doing that on a public forum is the way I prefer doing it.
I apologize for the somewhat aggressive tone in my original post. I've removed the "dont buy" part from it.
Very few people are capable of doing this. Kudos for the apology.
It seems as though, you may have some legal process should you be interested in following. Good luck, though somewhat exploiting a glitch is never something I'd do myself, nonetheless, it's a semi-free world, go for it.
I am happy I was able to purchase many plugins I was after throughout this sale. They do make outstanding products far beyond most other developers.
:clap: :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I once paid like $5 for a $350+ order before to a well known plugin vendor, due to a mistake.
I immediately reported the error to the company, much to their surprise. They fixed the error
and let me keep everything. ...True story

I wonder if the glitch was the other way around, and the OP was charged $2000 dollars for a $110 item, whether he might see things differently. ;)

I mean, all transactions are final, right?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I think you should have the goods , is not your fault that their system is glitchy . Happened also here in my country , goods underpriced , everything you have bought , was a good sale .

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”