Acustica Audio INVALIDATED my Black Friday purchase

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No you're wrong.
The law: You made an offer to Acustica Audio and the company accepted it. In fact, he fulfilled the order.
Everytime you'"ve bought something you made a contract with the seller. If the seller accept your offer, AND (and this is important!) fulfill the order, the company has no right to take back the product.
Fortunately the AA is an EU company and the enforcement of consumer rights in the European Union is good.
(Conciliation Board, etc.)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:59 pm
exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 pm Although Acustica Audio strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. Prices are shown in EUR and include local VAT for UE citizens following UE MOSS Turnadoregulations. Acustica reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability and product descriptions, at any time without previous notice. All promotions, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday are valid for a limited time only and are not retroactive.
Only this does not imply anything about finished/paid purchases nor explicitly mentions cancellation of orders if errors occur.

Please find a solution with Acustica directly and not in the Sell and Buy Forum.

Thanks!

Cheers, Stefan

zadillo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:05 pm
exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:01 pm Look, guys... I'm not trying to be an a-hole... For all fairness, I understand it was a glitch quite after I finished the purchase... All I'm saying is that I couldnt find ANYTHING on their site that implies invalidation of orders from their side and the only statement from them is the one I quoted here (found in the BF deal promo mail).
If they have made a mistake, that shouldnt be a reason for invalidating a sale.
A pricing glitch, which this clearly was, is absolutely a reason for invalidating a sale.

I have no idea why people insist that once a sale goes through it’s some binding thing that can’t be taken back. This is exactly why most companies reserve this right

Imagine checking out at your local store am with $1000 worth of merchandise and the cash register incorrectly rings it up as $20 - the store would say it was a mistake. You wouldn’t sit there insisting that they owe you everything at that glitched price

I’m sorry you didn’t hit the lottery here, but telling people Acustica is a bad company and not to buy from them over this is inappropriate
actually, if it rings up at 20 dollars and the cashier puts the sale through and rskes your 20 dollars, in the eu that stuff is then yours.

they can cancel an order that hasn't gone through but they cant retroactively, that's like you've gone home with that 20 dollar shopping and the store have broke in and taken it back.

yeah, maybe he should have known it was a glitch, if he did, hes an ass, but that doesmt mean aa get to be asses too.

exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:08 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:59 pm
exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 pm Although Acustica Audio strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. Prices are shown in EUR and include local VAT for UE citizens following UE MOSS Turnadoregulations. Acustica reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability and product descriptions, at any time without previous notice. All promotions, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday are valid for a limited time only and are not retroactive.
Only this does not imply anything about finished/paid purchases nor explicitly mentions cancellation of orders if errors occur.
I disagree.

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:14 pm
exidus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:01 pm Look, guys... I'm not trying to be an a-hole... For all fairness, I understand it was a glitch quite after I finished the purchase... All I'm saying is that I couldnt find ANYTHING on their site that implies invalidation of orders from their side and the only statement from them is the one I quoted here (found in the BF deal promo mail).
A pricing glitch, which this clearly was, is absolutely a reason for invalidating a sale.

I have no idea why people insist that once a sale goes through it’s some binding thing that can’t be taken back. This is exactly why most companies reserve this right

Imagine checking out at your local store am with $1000 worth of merchandise and the cash register incorrectly rings it up as $20 - the store would say it was a mistake. You wouldn’t sit there insisting that they owe you everything at that glitched price

I’m sorry you didn’t hit the lottery here, but telling people Acustica is a bad company and not to buy from them over this is inappropriate
actually, if it rings up at 20 dollars and the cashier puts the sale through and rskes your 20 dollars, in the eu that stuff is then yours.

they can cancel an order that hasn't gone through but they cant retroactively, that's like you've gone home with that 20 dollar shopping and the store have broke in and taken it back.

yeah, maybe he should have known it was a glitch, if he did, hes an ass, but that doesmt mean aa get to be asses too.
AA isn’t being an ass by not letting him keep every single product of theirs for 110

But seriously, if he believes he has a legal case under EU consumer law then let him sue them over it.

zadillo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:23 pm

AA isn’t being an ass by not letting him keep every single product of theirs for 110
Ass or not, if the buyer appeals to a Conciliation Board he will win against the AA.

legally they are.
whether morally is not for me to say.

but under eu consumer rights sadly for them hes entitled to the products as the transaction had completed.

becseigy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Ass or not, if the buyer appeals to a Conciliation Board he will win against the AA.
Ok, then let him do it. I have no idea what he’s hoping to accomplish here other than smearing a developer

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:27 pm

legally they are.

but under eu consumer rights sadly for them hes entitled to the products as the transaction had completed.
So why isn’t he appealing to the proper consumer board instead of complaining on the Buy and Sell forum?

zadillo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 pm
becseigy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Ok, then let him do it. I have no idea what he’s hoping to accomplish here other than smearing a developer
this i agree with.
contact company, via phone if email is just automated reply.
inform them of the issue.
give option to resolve.
no resolution, inform them of your rights and that you will be seeking advice.

too many people go badmouthing on the internet, when most companies will sort it if you get in touch calmly, even in this case.

zadillo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:27 pm

legally they are.

So why isn’t he appealing to the proper consumer board instead of complaining on the Buy and Sell forum?
see previous reply ;)

Thanks, agreed!

I do admit my post was not thought through... I dont want to bash anybody, neither I'm saying that AA are asses... They do make one of the best plugins out there and this whole thing wont change my opinion on this.
The bit with "Dont buy from them" was overreaction to my frustration and quite childish.. I do owe an apology for that.. Other than this I think there is nothing wrong for me to insist AA to own to their mistake and doing that on a public forum is the way I prefer doing it.
I apologize for the somewhat aggressive tone in my original post. I've removed the "dont buy" part from it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”