What's On Your Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping List?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:18 am
reusenoise wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:14 am Just bought Algonaut Atlas, I'm looking at NI sale with no hurry, I think they run the discount through whole december
Consider replika XT and Massive X, if you're interested in those.
. Already have replika XT, I'm not interested in Massive
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

XorXisT wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:22 am
-TAL-Sampler
-TAL-BassLine-101
-TAL-U-NO-LX
I forgot TAL :dog:
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

reusenoise wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 am
XorXisT wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:22 am
-TAL-Sampler
-TAL-BassLine-101
-TAL-U-NO-LX
I forgot TAL :dog:
EvilDragon says colors are back, so now even more tempting... :love:

Well, it took all of two seconds to decide to buy Tantrum. It is one a hell of a distortion plugin! I went to buy Reaktor but, just looking at the screenshots turned me off. After 10 years of SynthEdit, I think I really am done with that stuff. So I downloaded the Straylight demo and if it's as good as it seems, I'll buy that instead. It's something I've been interested in for a while, to add a bit of spice to our arrangements, kind of like Arcade has been doing for us. (I am going to stop Arcade subscription this month, after 15 months. I haven't actually used it in ages but I needed to get our songs across to Cubase before I quit it.)
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Already upgraded Melodyne from Essential to Assistant. Vocal pitch and guitar timing are huge problems areas for me and something I waste a lot of time on, so it'll be interesting to see if some added help with that can help me achieve results I'm happy with faster. Audio to midi was also a selling point since I'm trying to improve my skills in (applied) music theory and analysis. Might be interested in Toontrack's Superior Drummer, but I suspect they try to avoid significant price drops on their premium product.

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:51 am I went to buy Reaktor but, just looking at the screenshots turned me off. After 10 years of SynthEdit, I think I really am done with that stuff.
Even if you don’t want to build for Reaktor, there’s a free library of incredibly good ensembles from a wide array of builders. The quality of some of them is amazing, and sometimes you can find something that is close to what you want that just needs some tweaking rather than a build from scratch.

apshaper. DOPE. shshshshshsh....

Tokyo Dawn. Completed my collection.

I will get some few sample packs from Sampleism I will use for dark ambient. I'm only interested in plugins nowadays that do something others can't do. So I will get only one plugin this year and it's soothe. I stop counted how many times I've seen pro mixing engineers using it on mostly guitars when mixing punk, heavier rock music and metal. Painful to pay 99 euro for a plugin this days but it won't get cheaper.

Only one plugin Lindell Audio TE-100 inspired by the legendary Klein & Hummel UE-100 vintage equalizer of the 60's.

Soothe seems to do what my Behringer Shark does for me on stage. It's the best thing I ever bought for my live vocals. Singing through a distortion pedal, I used to have a lot of trouble with feedback and Shark eliminated it completely without requiring me to do anything other than plugging it in. It's brilliant!
skipscada wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:28 pm Already upgraded Melodyne from Essential to Assistant. Vocal pitch and guitar timing are huge problems areas for me and something I waste a lot of time on, so it'll be interesting to see if some added help with that can help me achieve results I'm happy with faster. Audio to midi was also a selling point since I'm trying to improve my skills in (applied) music theory and analysis. Might be interested in Toontrack's Superior Drummer, but I suspect they try to avoid significant price drops on their premium product.
What host do you use? VariAudio in Cubase seems to do a lot of the same stuff as Melodyne and it's built-in. I haven't tried to use it yet but I'm looking forward to it making my life easier next time I have to record vocals.
Forgotten wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:41 pmEven if you don’t want to build for Reaktor, there’s a free library of incredibly good ensembles from a wide array of builders.
I thought about that but I figured it would end up being more of a distraction than a help. I already have way more VSTi than anyone really needs, I don't think adding to that by an order of magnitude or two would be helpful, if you know what I mean.
ralfrobert wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:31 pmTokyo Dawn. Completed my collection.
That's an interesting perspective. I don't collect plugins, I just like to have a well stocked toolbox. I think of the 14,000 songs in my Music folder as a collection, or my DVDs. VSTs are just a means to an end and when I wear one out I just get rid of it and get something new and shiny to use in its place.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I played around with Straylight for an hour or so last night. At first it was a bit ho-hum but then I started to play with the X-Y pad. Holy Mother of Dog! What a difference that makes, it is really nice once you start putting that extra movement into it. I can't wait to rig it up with my Roli stuff, both the Seaboard and Lightpad blocks. I bought it this morning, so I'm about $250 into my $400 now.

Two things...
Sampletekk Cin-A and Cin-C layered pianos!
https://www.sampletekk.com/specials
...because the sounds are lovely.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

SSD 512 gb , 12 gb ddr3 ram (Newegg) , XLN audio midi add packs drum packs , transient plugin too , Live 10 suite upgrade maybe .... I was wanting to build a new Ryzen PC , but I think I'm gonna milk the i7 920 for another year hence the bigger SSD and more ram .....moooooooo ....

Good idea, I should look at doubling the RAM in my machine while it's on sale.

Michael, those Sampletekk things are wickedly cheap - 90% off! Good find!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”