RIP Ginger Baker

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The "African toms", heavy jazz-rock drummer, plays now in upstairs.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/cream- ... qISz9hcPNc

RIP.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm amazed he lasted this long.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:(

rip

oh my..rip

Bye Ginger :(

That really sucks. He covered so much ground in his time, and was definitely the only drummer who would have made Cream what they were. Definitely going to be playing a lot of material he played on during my commutes to work next week.

RIP

it is sad but also inspiring, I mean being relevant, successful, inspirational and innovative doing what he loved in the course of 6 decades...seriously that should be celebrated...thank you GB, you truly rocked sir :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i had been watching some cream vids , of late ,
and waxing nostalgic on jack bruce ...

now this ...
quite a bit of my mis-spent youth featured
ginger on drums ...

rip ...

RIP :sad:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Hink wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:32 pm thank you GB, you truly rocked sir :)
He probably would have punched you in the face for saying he “rocked”, or at least hit you with his cane. :hihi:

He hated the association with rock and once said that he hated people saying that Cream led to the birth of heavy metal - I think he said the genre should have been aborted before birth. Jazz was his great love, and he trashed quite a few famous drummers because they didn’t play with any swing. Pretty sure he once said that John Bonham and Keith Moon were shit drummers.
Last edited by Forgotten on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indeed, like many Brits of their generation, he and Jack both loved Jazz...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BJA3bq8Ir0

RIP
Last edited by rp314 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm He hated the association with rock and once said that he hated people saying that Cream led to the birth of heavy metal - I think he said the genre should have been aborted before birth. Jazz was his great love,
Absolutely... and cool rhythms..
Many many years ago... mid 1970's I used to hang out in a somewhat underrated and bit sleazy basement "kinda" club on the corner of Brompton Rd, Earls Court area.
it was there one night that I first encountered him... (at the time I was well into congas and rhythms.. still have 4 congas, log drums etc etc)
we were both frequent visitors, as it transpired.
I missed this thread and made my own, now locked..
I post this as a tribute... not a GB song... but one for the Eulipions ... there is a reason for this post.. ;)
We both saw him at Ronnie Scotts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4RgOoHKw_s

Remembering the music you made in Africa.. :hug:

toonertik wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:20 pm
it was there one night that I first encountered him...
so was he cantankerous?
Last edited by mztk on Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”