Catalina Release Discussion

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apple has already broken their pattern for big Logic updates in the winter. I wouldn't call the last update a major update, unless I was scoring to movies. I suspect that Apple may want a paid update this time for Logic. I know that the probability of me going to Catalina is slim to none. This computer came with El Cap, and every OS update has slowed this machine down a bit.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Very annoying. Mail after mail about stupid Mac issues.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I wish the companies would give details of WHY they think users should not upgrade rather than just “we’re working on it”.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:56 pm I wish the companies would give details of WHY they think users should not upgrade rather than just “we’re working on it”.
There must be some new (Not present during the Beta) hurdle that is tripping all the developers up, just before launch. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that they'd all be issuing warnings :shrug:

I think the new notarization requirement is throwing many developers off. And many of them also still have some 32bit helper apps hidden in their distributions somewhere.

I get that many people have troubles with the way OS developers are starting to tighten up OS access. Things were a lot more fun when you could just throw a piece of software on your computer and it would run. But things have changed significantly. I need to use systems now that I can only access through three factor authentication. Everything is being walled off these days.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:56 pm I wish the companies would give details of WHY they think users should not upgrade rather than just “we’re working on it”.
Most reported issues with the plugins under Catalina.

The most recent version of Ableton Live is updated for Catalina.

Renoise also apparently fine with Catalina :tu:

Also! Started to hear in my head, “Oh Catalina” in place of ‘Oh Carolina’, by Shaggy. Annoying f’sure! Thought I’d share the misery :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtLqmWt2h2g

uTonic and Jamstix are both Catalina ready

https://cdm.link/
The current post of this blog goes in-depth
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:22 pm uTonic and Jamstix are both Catalina ready
I didn't think there was a Mac version of Jamstix? I thought it's been in beta for 2 years.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

It’s a very functional beta, but the last beta release was confirmed to work in Catalina. I think the only reason it’s still in beta is because there are some graphics libraries that are being replaced and that work hasn’t been completed yet.

Ahh. Thanks. Think that ship has sailed for me at this point, though.
-Henry A. Wallace

Upgraded to Catalina and not a single issue from anything installed.

I have a few programs that will be dead with Catalina that I don't feel like buying again. As well, one of the features, sidecar, requires an Apple stylus, which I won't buy; waiting to see how Logic's performance is affected, as well. This is a definite wait and see. Also want to see the iTunes replacement, since I listen to all my music on computer.
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”