what are some good vocal synthwave bands ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

list

Stellar Dreams, FM Attack, Nina (not the 99 Luft Balloons one), Electric Youth - not in that order.
Bachmaninoff

Is "vocal synthwave" a particular subgenre or just synthwave bands that heavily feature vocals? For the latter check out Confrontational. It has a fun gothic/horror vibe and I find the mixing less fatiguing than e.g. Perturbator, Dan Terminus

https://confrontational.bandcamp.com/tr ... ne-of-fire

I asked my friends this on Facebook about a week ago. I think I could get into synthwave if it was pop structured with vocals, but I only ever hear instrumental stuff.

Scandroid is another.

an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:02 am I asked my friends this on Facebook about a week ago. I think I could get into synthwave if it was pop structured with vocals, but I only ever hear instrumental stuff.
There's plenty of "popwave", e.g. Ollie Wride/FM-84, The Midnight, Michael Oakley, The Bad Dreamers, LeBrock and so on.

The Midnight

EDIT: already mentioned :clown:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:52 pm The Midnight

EDIT: already mentioned :clown:
They deserve a second mention :)

There will always be those who accuse them of "selling out" just because they're so successful, but they do make some very well-produced and catchy tracks. Definitely one of the most accessible synthwave acts and probably a gateway drug into synthwave for many.

Gunship.

GUNSHIP!!

Surely, the first band that comes to mind is GUNSHIP!!

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:55 am
an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:02 am I asked my friends this on Facebook about a week ago. I think I could get into synthwave if it was pop structured with vocals, but I only ever hear instrumental stuff.
There's plenty of "popwave", e.g. Ollie Wride/FM-84, The Midnight, Michael Oakley, The Bad Dreamers, LeBrock and so on.
Cool, I'll check them out. I was recommended a few bands, I haven't actually had a chance to listen. I'm thinking that that's the way my music might be heading in the future. :tu:

Buzzcocks
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Wolfclub

Pylot sometimes uses vocals.

Nina is one of my favorite vocal synthwave bands.

http://www.ninasounduk.com/

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”