Forte notation program

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently discovered Forte (https://www.fortenotation.com/en/free-t ... JIQAvD_BwE) and have been curious about how it compares to Finale, Dorico, Sibelius, Musescore, etc. They're running a promo to get the full version for free, so I'm going to go ahead and try it. Has anyone here used it before, and do you have any advice/tips and tricks?

The site doesn't tell anything beside marketing blah. Doesn't give a hint about the price. I don't see how this could compete with Musescore or Noteability. Is it capable to notate contemporary music? Most likely not.
It did not convince me enough to even download the trial... (No mention of a promo btw...)

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 am The site doesn't tell anything beside marketing blah. Doesn't give a hint about the price. I don't see how this could compete with Musescore or Noteability. Is it capable to notate contemporary music? Most likely not.
It did not convince me enough to even download the trial... (No mention of a promo btw...)

I think the promo expired on like Sept. 8 or something like that. Anyways, it's really on par with noteability imo. A little bit different interface. I'm not sure what you mean by "contemporary" music...I've been fine so far, but maybe you're doing some more john cage-y stuff that's harder to notate with programs like this?

Well, it should at least be better than Sibelius if nothing else.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 pm Well, it should at least be better than Sibelius if nothing else.
Oh my God for sure

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”