How do I avoid distraction from KVR?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Everytime I am about to start working and make some music, I feel the need to switch to my browser and check the latest KVR posts. Especially during the scan process of my DAW and all the audio exports.

After reading through all the interesting stuff and comments, I realize once more how much time it took and that in the same time I could have easily finished one or two projects.
Do you feel the same? :lol:

That being said, I´m really happy to be part of this great community.
KVR is more than a place to find music software and like-minded people.

KVR has become a family :hug:

I know however, that I would have saved a fortune if I never knew anything about this place :hihi:

People here are really great and very helpful and the mods and admins are doing a great job to keep this place clean and interesting. And the direct connection to the developers and the superb communication is priceless.

Back to Work, now!
Last edited by enCiphered on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

These is the main reason a daw should be disconnected from the net :D
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Do not post questions on KVR that force you to go back when someone posts a response.
DO NOT READ THIS POST. Shut down your browser and run. .... Run!

Too late. :clown:

enCiphered wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:42 pmAfter reading through all the interesting stuff and comments, I realize once more how much time it took and that in the same time I could have easily finished one or two projects.
Do you feel the same? :lol:
Humans are really very simple creatures in that we tend to do the things that 'reward' us the most. Perhaps the idea of making music is just a distraction from doing what you really want to do. You already said as much with the thread title :tu:

I must admit that i misunderstood the topic title... i thought you were asking how you would avoid things which distract you from KVR. :D

chk071 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 pm I must admit that i misunderstood the topic title... i thought you were asking how you would avoid things which distract you from KVR. :D
:hihi:

reusenoise wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 pm These is the main reason a daw should be disconnected from the net :D
Exactly :D

Personally visit KVR in my spare time, but lately really feel there's nothing that interesting or informative anymore, same people having same arguments and drama's, same boring threads with same answers and people, it seems like people that start new pointless threads just want another distraction from music making.

chk071 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 pm I must admit that i misunderstood the topic title... i thought you were asking how you would avoid things which distract you from KVR. :D
That's how I read it; "How do I stop making music distract me from KVR?" :lol:
I wish I knew, buddy. :hug:

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:58 pm Personally visit KVR in my spare time, but lately really feel there's nothing that interesting or informative anymore, same people having same arguments and drama's, same boring threads with same answers and people, it seems like people that start new pointless threads just want another distraction from music making.
same as it ever was...

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:05 pm
That's how I read it; "How do I stop making music distract me from KVR?" :lol:
I wish I knew, buddy. :hug:
That is how it reads.

How can we stop enCiphered from wanting to post here? I can write abusive PMs to you every day, if you like. Think I might charge for the service though. For a little extra cash, I'll send you pictures of dead animals and industrial accidents as well. For a little more cash I'll link to black box audio recordings and videos of widows crying.

Whatever helps.

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:58 pm Personally visit KVR in my spare time, but lately really feel there's nothing that interesting or informative anymore, same people having same arguments and drama's, same boring threads with same answers and people, it seems like people that start new pointless threads just want another distraction from music making.
Be the change you want to see. Don't expect everybody else to make it interesting for you. Make lively threads. Be the person who gives enlightened answers. Start useful threads about the musical world of wombats or whatever else gets you excited. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

My music computer is separate from my goof off computer. I also work on music at weird hours..4 am to 7am. I keep the KVR and Gearslutz posting separate from online goofing off.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Many people seek distraction when they are making music. It helps to take their mechanical analytical mind out of the equation.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Create a thread. Watch it get hijacked. Get angry. Vow never to go back to KVR. Repeat as necessary.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”