Are 49 or 54 keys enough? [Solved]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If all the note playing is done with one hand, I think even a modest 25-note keyboard would be adequate, assuming it has a handy octave transposition control.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 pm If all the note playing is done with one hand, I think even a modest 25-note keyboard would be adequate, assuming it has a handy octave transposition control.
Yep, I think 25 keys is enough if everything is played one handed.

AnX wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm sounds like the best option is a latop computer and midi controller keyboard.... if only such things were available....
Hey, snap out of it! You're starting to drift off to Dreamland, reverse-engineered alien technologies, and strange conspiracy theories...

This thread is for real-life solutions, not unobtanium pipe dreams! :hihi:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:02 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm sounds like the best option is a latop computer and midi controller keyboard.... if only such things were available....
Hey, snap out of it! You're starting to drift off to Dreamland, reverse-engineered alien technologies, and strange conspiracy theories...

just wait! when we storm area51 and get the midi controllers!! you cant handle the truth!

In my experience, four octaves is optimized for frustration as it seems to be just the right size to fool you into thinking it actually allows you to play some music, then doesn't. I'm not sure who or what it's good for. Split sections for multiple instruments? Sound effects?

Five and a half or six octaves for feeling comfortable improvising.
Seven octaves for "serious" playing.
Two octaves for whipping up a theme, then do the actual composing in DAW with the mouse.
Three to four octaves to piss me off!

vurt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:18 pm
McLilith wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:02 pm

just wait! when we storm area51 and get the midi controllers!! you cant handle the truth!
Haven't you heard? They don't keep the "good stuff" at Area 51. That's just government misdirection and amateur conspiracy theory. You'll find the good stuff at the S4 facility, located south of Groom Lake. Just ask Bob Lazar for directions. :wink:
GlenVision.com

Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:43 pm
Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:34 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:26 pm
Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 pm
BertKoor wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:51 pm Answer this: do / can you play with two hands? Two fingers, or just one?
I can play with two hands, two fingers, and one.
So for example, would you play chords with your left hand and melody 2 or 3 octaves up with your right hand?
No, I'm right handed, and I play things in parts.

So,
I'll,
(For example):

Start off with the bass
Then then chords
Then the melody, etc.
Right or left handed should make no difference for a piano.

So you don't play two handed? You play the parts separately? You probably don't need very many keys to be able to do that.
I do sometimes play two-handed though. It's nice to play songs that I know. And in the future, I'll probably want to do more than once like you said. Overall, I'm guessing that 61 is the best bet for me. Would you agree?

Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:00 pmOverall, I'm guessing that 61 is the best bet for me. Would you agree?
why would you care what anyone else thinks?

you're the one playing, not us... nobody has a clue what you are actually doing

Ok, I'll just go for 61

Phew ! One thread / question finally solved/ answered!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”